𝑡𝑤𝑜

кιℓℓιηg яσsεs

cнαρтεя тωσ

Heather wasn't exactly sure what was going on at the moment. Silence filled the grand room as Aro held Edwards's hand. The entire exchange was a rather frightening one to watch. After a while, Aro gasped, "La tua cantante. Her blood appeals to you so much. It makes me thirsty. How can you stand to be so close to her?"

"It's not without difficulty," Edward responded stiffly.

"Yes, I can see that," Aro said, laughing slightly.

"Aro can read every thought I've ever had with one touch," Edward explained to Bella, seeming to forget that Heather was with them. "And now you know everything. Get on with it."

"You are quite the soul reader yourself, Edward," His eyes then went to Bella. "Though you can't read Bellas thoughts. Fascinating," Taking a step back, Aro continued, "I'd love to see if you were an execution to my gift as well," as he held his hand out for Bella to touch. "Would you do me the honor?"

Bella cautiously walked towards Aro and when she was close enough, he grabbed her hand. His once excited look turned into one of disappointment. His friendly demeanor was long gone and was now replaced with a hostile one. "Interesting. I see nothing," He then turned around and started walking to the thrones before he stopped when an idea came into his head. "I wonder if," He paused, looking at Jane. "Let's see if she's immune to all of our powers. Shall we, Jane?"

The look of panic that went on Edwards's face gave Heather an idea that what was about to happen to her friend was not going to end well. He rushed to the blonde to try and stop her, but fell to the ground in agonizing pain when Jane said one simple word, "Pain."

Bella tried to intervene with the scene screaming out, "Stop!" and trying to run towards Edward, but she was stopped by Alec, who also grabbed Heather. Heather's friend kept trying to tell Jane to stop while Alice kneeled to her brother to try and help him. Throughout the whole thing, Heather just looked down at her friend's ex-boyfriend with a blank look, not caring what happened to him, hating Edward for what he put her best friend through for months.

After a while of staring at Edward, Aro tilted his head, "Jane?"

Breaking her stare at Edward, Jane looked over at Aro, "Master?"

"Go ahead, my dear," Aro said as he lowered his hand.

Looking at Bella, Jane smirked and said in a taunting voice, "This might hurt just a little."

Heather held her breath in fear of what was going to happen to her friend. But nothing was happening; Bella was standing there, no sign of pain on her face. Jane annoyed that nothing was happening, took a step closer to Bella in a determined manner. She was pulled out of her trance by Aro's laugh, "Remarkable! She confounds us all. Well, what do we do with you two now?"

"You already know what you're going to do, Aro." The brown-haired man said, clearly bored with the event taking place.

"They know too much; they're a liability." The one with the blond hair said while glaring at Bella and Heather.

"Hmm, that's true," Aro looked past the group and nodded to Felix.

Before Felix could take a step towards Bella and Heather, Alec spoke up, "Master," He held his hand out for Aro to grab, and after a moment, Aro let go with a grin on his face.

Aro turned to Felix and said, "Felix, just kill Bella. I have a feeling that Alec would not be very happy with you if you killed his mate."

Heather froze when she heard those words. Alec and she were mates. Alice talked about mates and how they related to vampires on the plane ride to Italy, but not in depth. Realizing that she wasn't going to die, she let out a breath of relief, but her friend was going to die either way.

As Felix took a step towards Bella, Edward shouted, "No!" and then proceeded to tackle Felix to the ground. Alice tried to help her brother but was grabbed at the neck by Demetri. Alec also kept his grip on Heather, wanting to keep her out of the fight.

The fight between Edward and Felix lasted for a while, with Bellas pleas to stop never ending. The fight did end when Felix held Edward by the neck on the stairs, but before Felix could rip off Edwards's head, Bella yelled out, "Kill me instead! Not him," This caught Aro's attention, signaling for Felix to stop.

"How extraordinary," Aro said as he started to walk toward Bella. "You would give up your life for someone like us. A vampire. A soulless monster."

Bella shook her head at him and boldly claimed, "You don't know a thing about his soul."

Looking at Bella with fake pity, Aro shook his head, "This is a sadness." He then turned his head to Edward and said, "If only it were your intention to give her immortality." Aro started to lean in to rip off Bella's head when he was stopped by Alice.

"Wait!" Alice exclaimed, trying to get out of Demetri's hold. "Bella will be one of us, I've seen it. I'll turn her myself."

Finally getting out of Demetri's grasp, Aro took a hold of her hand, seeing the future of Bella and Edward running in the woods, both of them as vampires. "Mesmerizing, to see what you have seen before it has happened," Aro told Alice. Taking a step closer to Bella, he said, "Your gifts will make for an intriguing immortal, Isabella."

Aro then turned his attention onto Edward, who was now released by Felix, "Make your preparations."

"Let us be done with this," Marcus said, uninterested in the whole ordeal. "Heidi will arrive any moment. Thank you for your visit."

"We will return the favor I would advise that you follow through with your promise soon. We do not offer second chances." The blond one said.

"Alec," hearing Aro say his name, Alec looked at him. "You will take Heather to your room. We'll save you someone."

Alec nodded his head and turned around, keeping his grip on Heather's wrist. Demetri was already leading Bella, Edward, and Alice out of the room, none of them noticing that Heather was having to stay in return for Bella's life being spared.

As she and Alec walked out, Heather saw a group of people being led by someone, who Heather assumed was Heidi. She led the tourists into the room, none of them knowing that they were being led to their deaths. Hearing their screams, Heather flinched, closing her eyes.

authors note-
hey y'all,
i hope you're the story so far (even though this is just the second chapter)
i decided to publish chapter two because i was already done editing it.