𝑡𝘩𝑟𝑒𝑒

ƙιʅʅιɳɠ ɾσʂҽʂ

ƈԋαρƚҽɾ ƚԋɾҽҽ

ƈԋαρƚҽɾ ƚԋɾҽҽ

Heather didn't know what to do at the moment. She was in Alec's room, waiting for him to get back.  She was still dumbfounded at the event that took place throughout the day. Being forced to go to Italy, finding out the supernatural world is real, seeing Alec again after six years. Heather didn't know how to process it all. 

"Heather," Hearing Alec say her name, Heather looked up at him. "Are you okay?"

He had just come back from feeding, and he looked at her with concern in his eyes as he saw her stare out of the window, looking at the yellow Porsche drive away without her. Heather had tears in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall.

"Six years," Heather whispered, but he still heard. "You were gone for six years."

She turned around to face him, and she continued, "You want to know what happened in the six years? I would pray every night, hoping that you would come back to me. But you never did," She muttered out, finally allowing herself to cry.

Alec rushed over to her in a flash. Heather flinched in fear when he came right in front of her in the blink of an eye. 

"I'm so sorry, darling. I never meant to be gone for so long," Alec whispered out. He kept whispering the same words over and over again, as he let her cry into his chest. He lifted her chin and smiled, "You're safe now, and you're never going to leave my sights again."

"You promise?" Heather asked, looking into his eyes, his beautiful blood-red eyes.

"I promise," he said, bringing her closer to him. Even though he said that there was a part of Heather that didn't believe him. 

The two stayed like that for a while, neither of them wanting to leave each other's arms. Heather soon fell asleep in Alec's arms. He moved her to the bed; and pulled up a chair to the bed, watching her. There was a knock on the door. Jane stepped in, seeing her brother watch his mate as she slept.

"Isn't that a little creepy, brother?" Jane questioned.

Rolling his eyes at his sister's question, Alec looked up at her, "Is there something that you want, Jane?"

"I just wanted to meet her, Alec," Jane said. "But seeing how she is asleep, I can't really do that now."

The room was quiet again until Jane asked, "How long do you have until you have to turn her?"

"Two weeks."

"She looks exactly like how you would describe her, just older," Jane observed, moving over to stand next to her twin. 

Jane noticed that there was a certain way Alec looked at the girl. His eyes seemed to shine brighter with her near him, and the way that they softened with her in his presence brought a smile to Jane's face.

Seeing her brother happy meant a lot to Jane. She remembered how he was when he first found Heather twelve years ago and how he seemed to be in a better mood ever since.

"Tell me when she wakes up. I want to meet her, Alec," Jane said, leaving his room.

Heather slept until the next day, exhausted from the events that took place earlier. She was awoken by her phone ringing, answering her phone before checking who it was. Heather proceeded to look around Alec's room. He wasn't in the room, so she assumed that he was busy.

"Hello?" She said, in an exhausted voice.

"Heather? Is that you?" When she heard the voice, her eyes widened when she recognized who it was.

"Dylan, why are you calling me right now?" Heather asked, now sitting up, wishing she could be out of this phone call. Terrified about how her brother would react to her running away to Italy for no apparent reason, only leaving a note for her father and brother.

Dylan was saying something, but she wasn't paying attention because Alec walked into the room. He had a confused look on his face as he heard the phone call, wondering who this Dylan was. 

"I'm sorry. Could you repeat that again, Dylan? I didn't hear you," Heather asked, looking at Alec, who was looking at her curiously.

"Is there a reason why you're in Italy right now? Dad was scared to death when he saw the note. Thought you left just like mom did," Dylan said with concern in his voice.

"I'm fine," She said, only half-listening to what her brother was saying; her full attention was on Alec.

It was quiet on the other line as Dylan tried to figure out what to say next to his sister. It was clear that something was going on with her, but he had no idea what.

Alec moved to sit next to Heather on the bed and mouthed to her, 'Everything okay?'

Her response was a wave of her hand and a slight nod.

Dylan found his voice again and said, "That's good to hear, sis. If you ever need someone to talk to, just know that I'm a phone call away. I hope you'll come home soon, I'm already missing you."

"Okay," Heather quickly muttered out and hung up on him before he could say goodbye. She sighed, throwing her phone at the wall; it fell to the floor, now in pieces.

"Is everything okay?" Alec asked, eyes wide at what Heather had just done.

"Yeah, everything fine," Heather claimed, her mind racing after her brother's call.

"Are you sure, darling? You just threw your phone at a wall, breaking it," He said, trying to get her to talk to him.

"That was my older brother on the phone," she revealed, uncomfortably. "He was calling me, asking why I'm in Italy right now. He and my dad are pretty worried."

Her answer was short, not wanting to talk about her family. Alec knew that she wasn't super close to her father and brother. Whenever he would come and see her when she was younger, she would always be happy, desperate to get out of the house. Alec would never question her about it, wanting to make her comfortable around her and not force her to do things she didn't want to.

So he just nodded her head, not asking her about it. He didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable and stressed than she already, was. It hurt Alec seeing her like this, but he knew her well enough to know she would tell him everything he wanted to know when she was ready, too.

The two were silent, Heather staring at her broken phone, and Alec looking at her.

Authors Note-

Hi yall, hope you liked this chapter! There are more than 200 reads! I was jumping for joy when I saw that because I never expected so many people to read it.

The relationship between Heather and her family will be explained more in detail in the next chapter. All you need to know now is that Heather isn't that close to her father and brother.