Driver's License - Reylo

Rey, a young singer in a small high school, filled with small minded people, was heartbroken.

She never thought that she would ever feel this way, and after it happened, she swore that she would never love again.

Of course, in his defense, she never told him she loved him, she kept that little crush a secret.

And of course, to make matters worse, she and her little band, that included her friends, Finn, Poe, Rose and Kaydel, had a concert this weekend, which means, they had a concert in three days, and she promised them that she'll have a new song for them by then, yet she has nothing. She sat for hours and hours trying to match the music to the lyrics or match the lyrics to the music, but she was always unsuccessful.

Look with your heart, and not with your eyes, a heart understands, a heart never lies.

She focused on the worm words her mother spoke to her before she died, and she started writing.

~-~-~-~

It was time.

It was time for her to go up the stage and start singing.

She was supposed to sing only five songs, and the finale was the one she wrote the other day.

Five songs, that's it, and then it's over.

She walked up to the stage, and stood next to the microphone, while Finn sat next to the piano, Poe took his bass, Rose took her guitar, and Kaydel sat next to the drum set.

Well, here goes nothing.

Kaydel hit her sticks three times, signaling that the first song was about to begin, and they were off.

~-~-~-~

The first four songs went smoothly, as well as the first half of the fifth song, but then things went downhill.

"Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs,
And pictured I was driving home to you."

Rey sang these words, her voice coming out loud and clear throughout the gym stadium, and that was when she saw him.

"And I know we weren't perfect, but I've never felt this way for no one." She continued to sing as her voice was cracking, looking into his eyes.

"Oh, and I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone."

She saw Ben standing next to Gwen Phasma, a girl that always made her feel insecure about herself, feel like she'll never be good enough.

"I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me."

Rey remembered the song that he wrote about her, about how he said that he'll never leave her alone, and she thought about he broke that promise.

"'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street."

She knew how excited they were when she was about to get her drivers license; they planned exactly what they would do, where they would travel, how every time that she passed his street he would be there and wave to her.

"Red lights, stop signs, I still see you face in the white cars, front yards, can't drive past the places we used to go to, 'cause I still fuckin' love you, babe."

Rey knew that the exact same memories were flashing across Ben's mind as she saw him pushing through the crowd towards the stage, so she jumped of the stage.

"Sidewalks we crossed, I still hear your voice in the traffic, we're laughing, over all the noise, god, I'm so blue, know we're through, but I still fuckin' love you, babe."

They were face to face now, their eyes filled with tears, threatening to spill.

"I know we weren't perfect, but I've never felt this way for no one..." She continued signing softly, the lyrics directed to him.

"And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone..."

He tried to talk but she placed her finger over his mouth, preventing him from talking.

"Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me." She sang and hit her fist against his chest along the beat of the song.

"'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street..." She shook her head and backed away, placing the mic on the edge of the stage.

She ran out of the odditorium, Ben swiftly following her.

Yeah, you said forever, now I drive alone past your street.