Chapter1:

The police cars' were wailing loudly as the cars speeded by.

"Dude! Could you go any faster than this? I think an old lady just passed us!" the woman sitting in the passenger seat exclaimed.

It was a car chase, but ... it didn't look like one.

"Hey! Don't look at me like that i just got my driver's license yesterday, and yet here I am chasing a car down in less than a day since I became a legal driver. The least you could do is be nice and be good and make this easier for both of us, if I knew you'd exploit my legal driving like this I wouldn't have gotten a license in the first place!" The young driver whined.

"Oh really?! Were you? Well excuse me for thinking otherwise since the car we've been chasing has been out of sight for the last twenty minutes!" She exasperated.

"And where on Mars is Tristan?! I haven't seen the guy since we started chasing this car!" She yelled and the driver shrunk in his seat

They drove in silence for the rest of the ride until......

"Alright that's it, Tristan. You better tell me where the hell you are. We've been chasing them for half an hour, all the streets are blocked because of your "gut feeling". And these guys are making a mess out of everything, we'll get in trouble for this." She said to her earpiece, annoyed.

"Geez, woman! Calm down will you, I'm in their hideout where they are heading right now. I wasn't sure so I didn't tell you about it and instead told you to chase them because they were going to come here anyway and if I was wrong , which clearly I hardly am. But at least we wouldn't loose them.

"Jasper, take right turn on the next intersection, it's a shortcut" Tristan ordered.

"Wow, could've given us at least a hint, we've been driving around like fools for thirty minutes" she rolled her eyes, annoyed.

"Ahem..... ahem" Jasper coughed.

"Right, sorry. My bad cause the only fool here is you , Jasper" she huffed, Jasper scowled.

Finally, reaching the hideout, Astrid stormed out of the car. Reaching Tristan who was smugly drinking his strawberry milk and leaning on the door. She snatched the half filled milk carton out of his hand and threw it in the bin nearby.

"Hey I was drinking that!" Tristan whined like a little kid.

"Oh, we're you? Oops, my bad. Didn't notice." Astrid rolled her eyes.

"What's up with her?" Tristan asked Jasper who just shrugged and walked inside.

"Oh, what's up with me ?! What's up with you ?! You always leave us out of the cases. We're a team. Ever heard of that word? No! Cause clearly you don't know how to be in one!" She stormed away.

"Fine, sorry. I'll make it up to you." Tristan says, scared that his partner might end up doing some serious damage to him. She had a temper and boy could she fight!

While Astrid and Jasper looked around the hideout, Tristan kept an eye out for robbers.

Soon, they heard a car pull up outside.

"Quick! Hide!" Tristan followed Jasper and Astrid in the safe locker, which was filled with gold and jewels they had stolen from the museums and jewelry stores.

"We lost them, I don't think they followed us" the guy who entered said

"Ya but did you see a car parked outside ?" The other guy asked

"Naw, it's probably nothin..... don't worry about it alright" he replied as he unlocked the safe.

"Yeah, your right, it's probably nothing" Tristan says pointing the gun and the two robbers.

Both of them raise their hands as they see three officers holding them at gun point.

"It's over, punk" Tristan smirked.

"Wasn't that a really cool cop line? Like someone who would say it in cop movies? Am I ruining it ? Feels like I'm ruining it. I'm going to stop now" Tristan said and Jasper nodded his head in agreement.

Astrid rolled her eyes at them as she cuffed the two robbers and put them in the police car.

"This all probably will be worth millions maybe even billions" Astrid said, referring to the jewels in the safe.

"Probably" Tristan and Jasper agreed.

All three of them closed the case and went back to the station.

"I've got a new case for you" George, the captain of their special task force announced.

"A 'great work on the case guys!' Would've been fantastic Cap." Tristan's voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"Yeah, yeah it was an easy case anyway" George shrugged.
"Have you guys been keeping tracks of the murders going on right now?" He continued

"Gee, thank god we don't do that for a living, bout wouldn't that be a total nightmare" again Tristan went on with his sarcasm.

George ignoring Tristan's usual self continued.

"Ok, so what about those murders?" Astrid asked
"We'll because of this reporter who keeps questioning the progress about the murders and the number of arrests we've made, our chief has given us this case" George turned on the T.V.

"There have been two murders within a month only and the police is still silent...."
The reporter reported.

"Really ? him? I heard he doesn't even work for any channel and has been doing reporting on YouTube channel. Well, that was until he somehow gets intel on the vest cases and reports it, everything. Then he accuses officers for not doing their jobs. Hate that guy !" Jasper scowled.

"Well clearly, he's got half the world's attention, which is exactly why we have this case now. Everyone in this country has their eyes on this case, they're watching us like hawks, alright? We have to solace this case no matter what or they'll dissolve the special task force" George walked out, after dropping a huge bomb on the team.

Jasper and Astrid looked at each other wide eyed, while Tristan continued to drink his newly opened strawberry milk as the skimmed through the case files.