Chapter 1- Good to See You Nookie

Tom Nook shook his head in dismay at the ever growing pile of work. Recently, the resident representative, RanbowKng whose real name was Pin had decided to move the shops on the island and in the process create an outdoor arcade, small stargazing blankets, and shop common areas. The poor innocent creature was clueless to just how much work went into their big ideas.

"Tom," Isabelle poked the exasperated Tanuki's head, "Are you okay?"

"I'm dead," the Tanuki bluntly stated, "Bury me in my paperwork and it might get done."

"We don't have the clearance to do that sir," Isabelle poked again, "It's almost 10 you know. Timmy and Tommy can't work all night."

"The young lads know how to get home," he groaned, "They told me they wanted to walk home anyways. For now just hand me the next page before the rep picks up whatever it is and puts it on the moon for all I know."

"The boys called," Tom looked up anxiously. The boys only called if they don't get costumers or an emergency, "They said they wanted you to pick them up. The rep hasn't completed the fence building and they're worried about falling from the cliff."

"Right," Tom Nook sighed, "Call them and tell them I'll pick them up at closing time. Just sit at the iron garden table and don't go too close to the edge." The overworked Tanuki went back to his laptop, typing away at keys meaninglessly. One thing will be here one day the next it will be somewhere else.

The resounding chime of the door to the town hall being open couldn't even pull Tom away from his work. It wasn't until the resident rep sat in his chair that he got up to speak to them.

"Hello there RanbowKng," he smiled wide, the rep avoiding eye contact, "This is the construction consultation counter. Yes, yes, how many I help you?"

The resident rep doesn't say a word. Tom has known this longer than the rep's been living on the island. They can't speak, so they use nods and gestures to communicate. Today was nods, and they nodded about a bridge.

"Ah bridge construction yes?" Tom smiled at the youngling in front of him. He used to feel guilty about having a sixteen year old resident representative, but once they made 10,000,000 bells all on their own through the stalk market, he felt less guilty, "Well what bridge would you like to construct?"

RanbowKng (the rep) pointed at a red zen bridge. Holding back a snort of anguish at the cost and amount of paperwork to go along with it, he smiled at him.

"I'll see too it right away!" Tom sweetly informed them, "In the meantime be sure to place it down by the river."

They were quick to run off and put down the plot. Not too long after, they were back in resident services poking at the ABD and running in circles.

One thing the rep liked to do was talk to Tom and Isabelle for no particular reason. They always whined about how the two never left the building and stayed holed up doing nothing but work. When Tom was busy within the building working during fireworks, RanbowKng was anguished. So he talked to Tom, just sitting and staring really, nothing in particular was said by either.

"Ah RanbowKng!" The Tanuki was called over yet again by the eager boy, "Might there be something you've forgotten?"

He quickly nodded and pulled out an object he wanted to show off. A painting he had somehow fit into his ever expansive and physically impossible pockets. It was a rather expensive and hard painting to come across, with many fakes existing, but Tom could just tell it was real.

"Very interesting," Tom nodded in amusement at what he was being shown, "Blathers will love it"

"Oh my gosh!" Isabelle exclaimed, admiring the detail, "Where did you get it from?"

The resident spoke by moving their hands and nodding, a sort of sign language exclusive to the island and it's visitors.

"I got it from secret beach," they explained without a word leaving their mouth, "A fox sells them now and again. I managed to convince him to let me take it home now rather than recieve through the mail."

"Fox?" Tom Nook urgently glared at the representative, "Selling art? Does it have a name?" Tom said it knowing that the creature of who he was referring too did not deserve proper referral.

"Oh he's just a Kitsune in a boat," the villager nodded and waved, "He calls me-"

"Cousin?" Tom asked anxiously.

"Yes," RanbowKng continued, "And he gave me discounts because he said we were-"

"Family," Tom interjected again.

"You're good at this! Yes he called me family," they shrugged in resignation, "Anyways, his name is Crazy Redd, or just Redd for short."

"Redd," the name was a bitter taste in Tom's mouth, causing tears to spike in the corner of his eyes as every memory of the past flooded into his brain. Every good memory, and especially every bad memory. It was painful to remember and he just kept coming back. No matter where he moved, who he worked with, what he offered, Redd had always been back. Only difference is, now he can be found on the island, and Tom can finally have him arrested for all he's done. The biggest crime was that despite coming back countless times, Redd never noticed Tom. And yet, Tom noticed him.

"Redd," Tom repeated. Whatever paperwork he has been holding was thrown aside as he jumped over the desk knocking over everything, "Timmy and Tommy are in danger! Move!"

The tubby raccoon dog was surprisingly fast. He far outran the incredibly skinny RanbowKng, who followed along in fear of Timmy and Tommy's lives being at stake.

Out the building, across the bridge sharp right, sharp left, forward sprint, hard left, hard right, up the incline, to the left, towards the museum at the end of the cliff, to the left still and down to secret beach where a gas guzzling boat stood to rest, carrying the vast amounts of stolen and repainted art that was sold overpriced to the unsuspecting child. And standing among the white sands was a bit of red, working on a painting in front of the soft ocean waves.

"You!" Tom Nook sternly yelled, "How did you find this place? Get off of my island!"

The Kitsune's ears perked slightly. He almost seemed excited to hear the voice angrily telling him off. He stood up and his fluffy tail waved circles through the air. One look and it was obvious that he was trouble.

"Gosh how long has it been," the painter reminisced, setting down his brush.

"You will leave now," Tom ordered, "Don't make me call security!" He was all talk and both the rep and the fox knew it. There was no security on the island, he didn't expect him to come back anyway.

"Aw that's not fair," the fox pouted, walking in a circle so Nook couldn't see his face just yet, "I wanted to chat."

"Well, too late," he observed his every action, "Now take your stuff and leave!"

The fox playfully wrapped his arm around Tom's shoulders, causing the shorter Tanuki to tense up and growl. Then, they locked eyes. Tom could only describe Redd's eyes as a sort of innocent that would throw caution into the wind. Important trait for a scam artist. Those eyes ruined Tom's life once.

"Can't I miss an old 'business partner'," he used air quotes around buisness partner. Tom felt his expression grow bitter and disgusted, "It's good to see you Nookie."

...

As I've made very clear already, I'm kinda a disappointment to my family. But I wanted to make reddnook stuff because it's my favorite animal crossing ship. I just like the idea of a fluffy story about the adventures of overworked Tanuki chasing down a scammer fox with a broom, also a random kid running in circles tries to wingman.

If you decided to read the story, hey good for you, I will try to update I have ideas, but then again, I say that about a lot of things. Idk I just got bored.

I'm just writing this cause I love the ship so if there's something specific you want me to add and you want to see, you are shit out of luck and will be getting what you get.

Okay that's all, see you ig.