Chapter 2- It's the Truth Nookie

Tom Nook only woke when his head slammed into the table covered in papers. Was it all a dream? He tried to remember what exactly happened, every last painstaking detail.

"Good to see you again Nookie," it was him. That damned kitsune. The same one who hurt him so long ago and only kept rearing his ugly head into the picture, "I missed you so much!"

"Get off of my island!" Tom demanded again. It felt like his words were flying into the wind, "In case you haven't noticed, you're a wanted criminal here. I want nothing to do with you and now you're trespassing! With evidence of your crimes right in front of you!"

"What did I do wrong?" The kitsune raised his hands in surrender, "Tell me! Please!"

"You know what you've done Redd!" Tom shouted, grabbing the fur of the shirtless kitsune to pull him closer in fury, "You're the last person in this world who should be asking for anything from me!"

The kitsune seemed both terrified and obnoxiously confident in the grip of the Tanuki. It only ticked Nook off more to see Redd's tail meekly thump in excitement at the sight of his old coworker.

"The drama," Tom didn't see the resident rep talking with their hands, "They're divorced for sure."

"Shh," Isabelle whispered through a chuckle, "Redd's not really a good person you know."

"I'm not saying it again-"

"Then allow me to say the words then," Redd managed to get Tom's fingers untangled from his fur, "I haven't seen you since the day I left the city. I just want to catch up."

"You mean the day you left ME!" Tom snarled in his face again, "I will have you arrested if you don't get off my island!"

"But-"

"Now!" The Tanuki sad fuming with anger, "I'm being nice right now. I will allow you until tomorrow morning to leave my island! If you're not gone then, you will be dragged off by a security team!" Now to add to Tom's list, find a security team.

"No way," this time it was the taller fox that grabbed the stout Tanuki's shirt, "I can't just leave knowing you're here! I've gotta stay now! Come on cousin!" Referring to RanbowKng, "Set me up with your landlord and get me a house!"

"That would be me," Tom raised an eyebrow, hoping his shirt wouldn't rip under his ex co-worker's sharp claws, "And as the landlord may I just say: GET OUT!!!"

"That's hardly fair Nookie~"

"I have told you what I demand!" Tom shouted, tearing his shirt out of Redd's grip, "You're a hazard to my island, my residents, my coworkers, my friends, my family, and me! I don't want you anywhere near this island!"

"Wait but-" RanbowKng tried to negotiate through nods so he could still get his paintings. No one cared about paintings in the moment.

"I'm leaving!" Tom shouted, "You should too." He turned and walked towards the incline, "Isabelle, RanbowKng, move along. He's not worth the time of day."

"Tom wait!" But no one was listening to Redd by now.

"Sorry you had to see that," Tom smiled at his coworkers, "He was a terrible person and I can't just look past it. I'll be picking up the boys now. See you tomorrow Isabelle."

"Sir," Isabelle called, "Please don't overwork yourself this time." Tom cringed, he knew he'd have to disobey Isabelle's request, just for tonight."

"I'm picking up the boys," Tom avoided the question and walked off.

"Uncle Tom! Uncle Tom!" It was Timmy and Tommy, running towards him, "You came! You came!"

"Yes boys, I'm here to walk you home," Tom smiled at them.