Chapter 9

*Sexual Content* (the whole chapter)

His touch, which in any other instance may have been perceived as loving, now arrested her. If yesterday his skin burned into her, today it incinerated. It carved itself into her skin and settled into her blood– became so rooted within her that she craved him the way a lush craved another glass of mead.

She inhaled a sharp breath at each caress as if he had touched her between her legs. She could feel herself become slick with her own arousal.

Kalon's heavy gaze met her own.

Sanara watched his features carefully. The small furrow in between his brows. The slight part of his lips. The set of his jaw as he let out a growl of carnal pleasure. He deeply inhaled her scent while burying his nose into her neck.

When he pulled away, Sanara whimpered at the loss of contact. A bit of the pain from earlier pulsed in her abdomen.

"Kalon, I need you, please," she nearly begged, reaching out for him.

He remained just out of her reach.

"Hmm, I am not quite sure I know what it takes to please a woman..." he trailed off with a quirk of his lips. His arm wrapped around her upper body, lifting her up into his arms. One of his hands settled at the back of her neck, his thumb stroking along its side just as he did yesterday.

"Kalon," Sanara gasped as his touch ignited another kind of heat within her. Pure, visceral, instinctual, desperate need.

"I'm right here, paulo luna mea." He whispered before taking his arm from her lower back and grasping her hand. He met her eyes while pressing his lips to her mark on her inner wrist. He kissed her palm, the tips of each of her fingers, and the back of her hand. He trailed the tip of his tongue from her wrist, up her arm, and along her shoulder.

Sanara began writhing in his hold, her neck rubbing against his hand, as he reached her collarbone and brushed his lips up the center of her neck, over her chin, and finally joined his lips to hers.

Nothing felt like it was enough. Every single one of his touches only made her crave more and more. She moaned into his kiss just as he pulled away and eased her upper body down onto the bed again.

Kalon held himself up on his forearms allowing his chest to press against hers. "What do you need?"

"Your skin on mine," Sanara gritted out, her head thrown back into the pillow.

"Well, well," Kalon teased, "how brave."

Sanara reached out to grasp the hem of his shirt. He straddled her so that he could keep in contact with her skin and let her lift his shirt off of him. Kalon returned the favor, bunching up the skirts of her day dress and removing it as gracefully as he could manage. Her slip dress that was underneath came off with it, leaving her bare.