𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚

HE PAUSES

HE PAUSES. A familiar tune is playing, crooned by someone in the compound. It belongs to a voice that has permeated the far corners of his mind for a long time.

The sorcerer expands his senses, trying to follow the dulcet melody. The eastern wind carries its sweetness, reverberating throughout his family's estate. 

“Lavender's blue dilly, dilly, lavender's green.”

Satoru turns around, startling his old guardian. “Satoru-sama, where are—?”

Life is pounding hard inside his chest.

The lullaby is echoing in the hollowed dents of his heart. A gush of emotions ricocheting in his very existence. It is pulling him, taking him in the direction of the garden. He prays to anyone that could hear him to never let this be only a dream.

He then sees someone perched on the gazebo's railing. Looking over the glistening horizon. Awe and disbelief visible on his cerulean pools.

“When you are king dilly, dilly, I shall be queen.

There you are. Tresses flowing with the breeze. The soft-light trickling your skin. You are clad in the finest traditional clothes. Hair woven in intricate plaits. The jewels hanging on your head would fit for a bride of the Gojo Family.

But none of it matters to him. You can be in your simplest, and he will remain in gazing at you like you are the most beautiful masterpiece.

You then noticed another presence in the gazebo, shifting your attention to the newcomer. Eyes widen in recognition. Never expecting him out of all people. The two of you are in a trance-like state.

“S-Satoru.”

You begin to breathe his name.

“[N-Name]...”

He whispers yours back.

The man approaches you, his tread is painfully slow—you thought. But he is only taking his time, for he plans to memorize this precise moment. Each second of it—for the rest of his days.

He finally arrives in front of you—so near and close. His bright, deep eyes are staring, drinking the little details on your flushed face. He reaches for the shell of your cheeks, fingers tracing their warmth.

“You're my bride.” Satoru mutters in clear wonderment.

A soft chuckle subsequently comes out of you. “I guess I am, who would've thought, right?”

He cracks a smile before holding both of your hands. The expression he is displaying is firm.

“Then with your permission.” He starts to utter. “I will marry you on this spot—right this instant.” His declaration bears so much resolution that your orbs crinkle with glee. You cup his face, looking at him in an affectionate manner.

“Only if you will have me for the rest of your life.”

His smile grows as well as his love for you. Satoru pulls you in a tight embrace, lifting you up as he swings you around. Both of your laughters mingle together—joyful. They are reverberating through the garden.

“You have me since then, [Name].” Gojo Satoru conveys, leaning into you. He has loved no one else—waiting only for the woman who continues to be the preeminent vision of his dreams.

“You always have.” He then looks at you adoringly, brushing his lips on your forehead. He trails the edges of your beaming rose-tinted lips before placing his own on yours. It is slow and pleasant.

“And you always will.” He kisses you again. This time more ardent—more passionate. The two of you becoming one.

“For all of time everlasting.”

”