Chapter 1

"Uncertainty always creates doubt, and doubt creates fear

"Uncertainty always creates doubt, and doubt creates fear."

O S C A R   M U N O Z

.

.

Eloise

I woke up with a start.

My alarm was going off, for the fourth time and my sensitive ears weren't helping. Did that mean I was almost late for The Evaluation?

With that thought, I immediately sprung up from bed and went straight for the bathroom, brushed my teeth, showered, and changed, all in 2 minutes. I probably made a world record.

I went down the stairs of my family's house and was greeted by my family eating their breakfast, calmly.

"Hello? I am about to be late for my Evaluation test and all of you are chilling out in here?"

My father looked at both of my brothers. Then they all burst out laughing.

"We set your alarm 30 minutes earlier to make sure you won't be a second late for The Evaluation Test since you usually wake up when the alarm rings off the 100th time," my father said.

"100th? You're exaggerating it too much!"

I huffed and started eating my breakfast. My father made me eat three whole plates of food in preparation for The Evaluation because we wouldn't be given any food during the test, we should hunt for food and survival.

After breakfast, I went into the car and we started the drive to where The Evaluation was taking place.

"Listen up, pups!" The instructor hollered over the chattering voices.

The chatters and waves of laughter immediately died down.

I could practically feel the nervousness, uneasiness, and fear radiating off from the other wolves. But besides the negative emotions, there was also excitement and determination.

"There will be a bag filled with supplies for each and every one of you," the instructor continued.

One of the AA's, also known as the 'Arrogant Alpha's', raised his hand. The Arrogant Alpha's were the sons of a couple of Alphas who were ruling a city at present, but every time a new batch of werewolves take The Evaluation, Alphas who were currently ruling a city had a chance of losing his title.

The instructor narrowed his eyes.

"No exceptions or special treatment."

The boy opened his mouth to speak.

"Even if you have strong higher-ranked blood flowing through your veins. You're not an Alpha, yet, or maybe you never really will make it to Alpha ever. But you can't have exceptions just because of your blood or rank, you still have no ranking."

The boy clamped his mouth shut, glaring daggers at the instructor.

"Well, what rank are you then?" A chestnut-haired boy had the courage to ask.

"Me? I'm a Delta, precisely the reason why I'm the boss around here." The instructor narrowed his eyes and let his intimidating gaze stop any other participant from making any other comments they may have. "Anyways, let us move on to the rules and regulations of The Evaluation."

"First of all, there will be no killing allowed. Yes, you may kill the beasts included in the test as they were born to kill and can not be contained. They are wild and kill everything in sight, but you are expected to be able to fight and counter their attacks. But if the situation goes too unsettled and you feel as if you can no longer hold the beast back or if you run from it but can't outrun it, simply pop the firecracker bomb you'll be given, but take in mind that this is an instant defeat, and you will be judged by how well you did at the start of the test." He looked around to see our reactions, and continued:

"To each other, participants may not kill each other, but they will be allowed to injure one another when necessary, it's part of the test as it's the test of survival, but if a person accepts defeat, you have to let the person go and the person will be ranked by their performance before getting defeated."

"As for food, food is to be scavenged from the environment, but we will be providing you a meal's supply, a couple of weapons to defend yourselves with, a camping set, a couple of random rocks, branches, antidotes, bandages, and other useful things you may find handy. But you will be the ones to decide on how to use them, it depends on strategy on how far you can use the item,"

"The test will be supervised by hidden spies, cameras, and sentries from all around the field, this is to ensure that we see the participant's utmost potential and to what position that certain contestant is most suited to be in."

A she-wolf politely raised her hand.

And only when the instructor nodded at her did she speak:

"Are we allowed to steal other people's supplies and the flags someone else already got?"

"Yes, you could steal another team's flags or supplies. The other Deltas of other regions and I will decide on who you will be teamed up with. The decisions will be final, and no one is allowed to switch groups," the instructor answered.

The crowd exploded in chatter once again, as the instructor walked over to the tent the rest of the higher Deltas were in.

I looked over the crowd, trying to find my friends or just people I knew from the Omega and non-status house, but there were way too many people.

I wasn't tall enough to see over the crowd, so I just gave up and stood there, waiting for the groupings.

There were people walking in front, back, and sideways from me, probably going to meet and wish their friends luck. They all ignored me.

I spotted the instructor getting out of the tent, then standing on his previous position, then started talking.

When the chatter didn't stop, he blew his whistle.

"Listen up, pups!"

The chatter died almost instantly, you could even hear a pin drop.

"Once your name is called, come over to the front with your group."

My thoughts became unfocused, thinking about what would happen if I let everyone down, if I wouldn't score enough to live up to everyone's expectations.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name being called, and people made way for me as I walked up to the front.