The Mysterious Man

Zoe's POV

I walked through the doors of Nelson's Diner and clocked in, when I noticed some teenage boys watching my every move like creeps. I ignored them and noticed a nice old couple at the table across them.

Gosh I love seniors, most of them are nice and wise. They always have interesting stories to tell about their life and I love listening to them. I always learn something new from listening to their stories, which I absolutely love learning new things. I never understood why some people are cruel to the nice seniors, so I always make sure to do nice little gestures to brighten their day.

I walk over to the old couple and give them a smile, as I pulled my pen and paper out to take their order. Out the corner of my eye, I noticed the teenage boys still staring at me, giggling every few minutes. As I was taking their order, the ginger head yells for me.

"Hey broke lady, we were here first! Come take our orders!" He yells with a smirk. I mentally roll my eyes as I plastered a fake smile on my face walking over to them.

"How may I help you boys?" I say with fake enthusiasm."Let me get the surprise special." He said with that nasty smirk on his face.
"Surprise special?"

"Yeah, the surprise under that skirt!" He said laughing and slapping hands with his friends.

I give him a death stare and walk away to give the old couple their drinks. I learned that their names were Nancy and Pat. Nancy ordered a lemon water while Pat ordered a sweet tea with honey mixed in it. I prepared the drinks and brought it back to them. The teenage boys were still laughing hysterically about god knows what. I decide to hurt their feelings a little so I walk back to the table.

"Are you guys ready to order for real now?" I say crossing my arms."Yeah let me get a vanilla milkshake."

Thank god.

"So I can spill it all over your nice round ass." He smirks and laughs with his immature friends."Alright y'know what. I'm tired of you little shits and your bullshit. Watch your mouth or I'll tell each of your parents that you spend all of your time smoking, drinking, and harassing females instead of going to work at the supermarket up the street where you SHOULD be right now in fact. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Roberts wouldn't mind, right, Austin?" I said smiling at them as a hint of fear approached their faces. "No! We're sorry!"

"Aw, you're sorry? Too bad, do you guys actually want to order now or no because I have an order I need to make." I said crossing my arms as they just stared at me with horrified looks on their faces. "Uh, no actually, we should probably get to work." The ginger says getting up and leaving as the rest followed behind. I sent them one last grin as they walked out the door and I walked to the kitchen to prepare Nancy and Pat's food. "Were those kids bothering you again?" Rico says glaring at the door.

Rico is my best friend. He's been there for me ever since we were fourteen. He was very good-looking but he wasn't my type. He used to be a ladies' man who basically had a girlfriend every two weeks, but he recently explained that he 'needed a break' from all the women.

We've been through so much together and I'm entirely grateful for him. Most of our exes were so jealous of us because of how close him and I were. Rico is super overprotective of everyone he loves, but he's more protective over his mother, sister, and me. I'm his first priority because I'm like a sister to him as he says which made his ex girlfriends very upset.

"No, they're not, Rico. Calm down."
"I am calm." He says smiling. I knew he wasn't calm because he was still staring at the boys who were now sitting outside the door."You're not calm, Rico. It's okay I handled it." I said walking over to him and patting him on the back. I went back outside to give the old couple their food and went back to the kitchen. I saw that Rico was still staring at the door so I hugged him and rubbed his back.