Catching up...

Rico's POV

I just watched my best friend get arrested and I can't comprehend what's going on right now. Usually it's me in the back of the cop car but Zoe? Never! I walked up to the car and ignored the officers shouting at me. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, you need to bail me out!" She yelled through the window. "I'll try! I love you!" I yelled back before the police officer walked over, grabbing my arm.

"Sir, please back away from the car." He said calmly. "Don't fucking touch me." I said, jerking my arm away from him. I walked back towards the house to see Roberto looking concerned. "See what you did." I glared at him. "I didn't mean for this to happen."

"What the fuck did you expect to happen? You invite Riccardo's ex knowing how he felt about her AND Zoe." I said. "I don't know, I wasn't thinking."

"No shit, dumbass." I walked past him towards Daniel. He looked stressed, proud, and shocked all at the same time. "Man what are we gonna do, Daniel?" I said, snapping him out of a trance. "I have no clue, we can try to bail them out but I don't know what'll happen when Riccardo gets back." He said, grabbing his car keys and his wallet. I went to grab my car keys and made my way to the garage. Daniel and I drove up to the police station to pick Zoe and Riccardo up.

Zoe's POV

The officer drove up to the police station and put me in a jail cell. "Zoella Jones and Riccardo Romano." One of the officers said to the receptionist while the other put Riccardo in the cell beside me. "Aggravated Assault incident."

"Can I speak to the sheriff please?" Riccardo says. As he says this, the receptionist's eyes grow large as she looks at the computer. The officer notices this and questions her. I heard her whisper to him about a mafia boss and the officer looked at Riccardo. "Yes, you can talk to the sheriff." He said, dispatching the sheriff on his walkie talkie. After a few minutes, the sheriff walks in and smiles at Riccardo, the other officers go back on duty.

"What is it this time, Rick? He chuckles. "Rob brought Isabella to the house." The sheriff looks puzzled as he looks over at me. "I know he didn't, he's crazy man. Who is this?"

"My partner in crime." He smirks as the sheriff chuckles. "Ah, I see. Well, since you didn't injure a citizen, I'll let you out." The sheriff grabs his keys from his belt and opens the cell for Riccardo. He instantly walks over to my cell, hugging me through the bars. "You alright, mama?" He says, cuffing my face and rubbing my hand. "Yes, I'm just shocked. I haven't fought since middle school." I said nodding and smiling. "What'd she do?" The sheriff said over Riccardo's shoulder. "She fought Isabella." Riccardo turns around and laughs.

"Oh wow." The sheriff says. "You'll have to bail her out then, Rick."

"I don't have a problem with that. What's the bond?" He said, still rubbing my hand. "$100,000"

"Oh that's nothing, when you want it?" Riccardo asks. "Whenever you can give it to me."
"Alright. I'll be back for you Zoe" He said, turning to leave. The sheriff walks up to me and begins to speak. "You're really lucky, if I didn't know Rick, I wouldn't have let you guys go. But Rick has saved my life plenty of times and spared me when he could've easily killed me."

"What happened?" I asked, quietly. "Well, I sort of broke into their house to complete an investigation, I was young. Rick was 17 and I was 25, Rick saw me and aimed a gun at my head but he let me leave if I agreed to never intervene with their business again. For him to be that young and be that mature, I knew he had to be somebody serious. I definitely do not want to mess with them, God bless to whoever does mess with them." He said, looking in the sky.