Lovergirl (Ghetsis)

"Nimbasa City is beautiful, especially at night. Don't you think?"

"Hmph, I've been in Unova for far too long to even acknowledge any of that..."

"Well, I still admire it," I turned to look at him, a sparkle in my hazel eyes, "and I admire your beauty the most. I always wondered how I got to this point with you. And why you're okay with being with someone like me."

"Where is this coming from? I found you worthy of my attention. You were always so persistent, you still are, but even throughout my anger and madness you still stayed. Mostly everyone abandoned me."

"I understand what it's like to have uncontrollable anger. Too well, unfortunately," I replied, taking one of his hands in my own, "but y'know? I love you for you. I want to help and stuff, but I don't want to change you."

I led him onto one of the ferris wheel carts, sitting down next to him. One of the carnival workers closed the door and started up the ride. As we slowly ascended up, I could feel Ghetsis' hand brush up on mine, which made me feel at ease. I let a sigh of content escape my mouth. I looked out, seeing how high up we are, and then I looked over at Ghetsis, who's staring at me. My cheeks turned bright red at this.

"Are you alright?" I asked, softly.

"Yes, hm.." he's blushing too. He's so gorgeous, especially with the light of the moon illuminating his skin.

"Can I-" I almost choked on my words, but I took a deep breath, "can I kiss you...?"

He nodded. I gently cupped his face with my hands, bringing my face close to his. He closed the gap in between us, and with his free hand, he ran it through my hair. We both pulled away, our faces even more heated. I brushed some of his hair away from his face, completely head over heels.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Ghetsis mumbled.

"You're captivating, love. I couldn't help it, I wanted to see you again after our first encounter. I still remember it like it was yesterday. You were having a horrible day, and I was just there, eating my poffins and drinking my espresso like a total idiot," I chuckled, "but when I saw you sitting down at Café Sonata, and everyone was avoiding you, I felt a strong urge to sit there and talk to you. I didn't quite understand what you did back then, and when I did I was kinda mad at you, but the thought of leaving your side never crossed my mind."

"That was quite a day. I was out of jail and was trying to get my mental health back to what it was. When they deemed me less insane, I was let out. I remembered how the Shadow Triad took most of my Pokédollars and even the Neo Team Plasma grunts had to add to that because my bail was a lot of money. You were the first person to show me any sort of kindness, and even when you did get mad at me for my actions, you haven't actually hated me or ignored me, you just scolded me. I would not have liked to admit it, but as much as I tried to push you away at the start, I have always enjoyed your company. I waited for you everyday and like clockwork, you showed up to make every day better. I'm grateful for you every day of my life. Thank you, Cris."

I teared up at his words, pulling him into a tight hug. I cried onto his shoulder, hugging him like he was going to disappear.

"I love you so much, Ghetsis. With everything I am. Being in love with you and chasing after you was the best decision of my life and I will always stand by that statement. When I'm around you, I don't feel anxious or sad or anything like that. In fact, I am truly happy when I'm with you."

He wrapped his arms around me, placing his chin gently on the top of my head. Ghetsis rubbed circles on my back with his thumb.

"I feel the same way. Every day."

Soon enough, the ride came to its last halt, and my tears stopped falling. Ghetsis wiped them away and led me off of the ferris wheel.

"Wanna go get Casteliacones with me?"

"I want nothing more."

I grinned, as we found our way back to Castelia City. We walked up the stand and ordered two Casteliacones. As soon as we got them, we started walking together on the empty street, the autumn leaves drifting  in the wind.

Three months later...

"Cris, can we go to Nimbasa City again?" Ghetsis asked, in a serious tone.

"Yeah! I think that'd be fun," I smiled.

So we left to Nimbasa City. He asked me to follow him, so I did; he took me over to the ferris wheel. We got onto one of the carts and the ride started.

"This takes me back to one of our dates three months ago, that was so fun! I'm so glad we came here again."

"Me too. But, I have to tell you something."

"What's up? Is everything okay?" I asked, a bit worried. Oh no, I hope he's not breaking up with me-

"Well, it's nothing bad, if that's what you're getting nervous over."

"Ah, I see, that's a relief."

Ghetsis fumbled around, looking for something. I looked at him with curiosity, wondering what he brought. He pulled out a small box.

"Cris," he spoke up, breaking the silence, "we have had our obstacles that we've both had to overcome, yet we've had our memories that we can cherish forever. I might not be the best at expressing myself, but there is not one day that goes by where I haven't thought about doing this, and all the wonderful moments we have shared together. You have worked incredibly hard for me, and in the end, you have successfully earned my trust, and my heart, or at least whatever is left of it. So, I want to ask you this."

He opened the box, revealing a gorgeous ring with an engraving; C + G. Tears rolled down my face, and I looked at him with nothing but pure love in my eyes.

"Cris, will you marry me?"

"YES! Yes, with all of my being, yes!! I've dreamed of this moment for so long," I exclaimed, excitedly. Ghetsis slipped the ring on my finger, pulling me into a kiss.