Soup (Everette)

(another amazing character made by and given to me by kiing_goat! also please don't read if mentions of throwing up make you uncomfortable-)

"Bring me that woman. Now."

"Yes sir..!"

Meanwhile, in my room...

"Everette's kinda..."

"Girl are you serious? He's the scariest one around here. Everyone and their brother is fearful of him, even more so than Guzma," she shivered.

"Really? I ran into him a while ago. He might be a little intimidating, yes, but he was a pretty good listener from what I remember. At first he brushed me off and ignored me, but we've been running into each other more often it seems."

"Oh man. I don't think it's really a coincidence anymore, Cris."

"What do you mean?"

"Dude obviously has it out for you! ...or, better case scenario, he probably has a crush on you. Likely the first one if you've heard all the rumors..."

"Pshh, well I'm not gonna believe some silly rumors unless something actually happens, y'know? I just have to see it to believe it."

"I get where you're coming from but I've heard this guy is seriously bad news. Try not to run into him again, okay?"

I nodded slowly. I did wanna see him again, honestly.

"Good, now I'm gonna head to bed, you should too! You don't sleep enough as it is," she said.

"Alright alright, I guess so," I smiled, "night!"

I headed to my room and laid down. She has me thinking about Everette now. The more we've hung out together, the closer I feel to him. He seemed to soften up some when I told him I had trust issues. He might seem mean and cruel to others, but when me and him are alone... he's actually pretty chill. I like his company and he validates my feelings.

Before I knew it, I fell asleep. Before I knew it, morning came around. After coughing myself awake, I got up and changed my clothes, deciding to take a walk outside. I like to see the sunrise, it always makes me feel super calm.

"Hey, you need to come with us."

I looked over to see a man and a woman, both in similar uniforms.

"I see... for what?" I asked, curiously.

"The boss wants to see you."

Still confused, I shrugged it off and followed them. If I got into any real trouble, Everette said I could call him. I followed them into a run down building and into an office. The inside's definitely a lot nicer than the outside.

I started having a coughing fit, which is something I've been dealing with all day, every day, for the past couple of weeks now. It really sucks. The two looked startled when I started to cough hard, but I reassured them that I'm alright. When they opened the doors for me, I saw Everette, sitting there at his desk. I walked over to him.

"Hey, you wanted to see me?" I asked, in a gentle voice.

"Yes. It seems I've forgotten to tell you where I lived... so I had my grunts bring you here. I hope they didn't cause any trouble for you."

"No, actually they were lovely," I smiled, "did you just wanna chill out for a bit with me?"

"Yes, that's one way to put it. I-"

I started having another coughing fit, this one really hurt my throat.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, you have nothing to apologize for. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just-" I got cut off by my own coughing. I felt like I was going to throw up from all the phlegm, "hey do you have a bathroom?"

"Yes, it's right next door," he said, looking a bit concerned.

"Th-" I quickly stood up and ran to it, closing the door and started to cough again. I just wanted to get the phlegm out of my throat but ended up throwing up profusely in the process. Gross. Everette knocked on the door, quietly opening it. He held my hair back as I continued for a few seconds. I felt shaky and lightheaded as I cleaned up the seat and flushed it down.

"You're going to let me take care of you today," he said, sternly. I nodded, laying my head on his chest for a moment and remembering to take deep breaths.

He brought me to his room and gently laid me down in his bed, pulling the sheets and comforter over me.

"I'll bring you soup. In the meantime, get rest."

"Thank you, Everette. It means a lot to me."

"I don't mind doing things for you. You're the only person who wants to see me all the time and even though I'm not perfect, you still showed me kindness."

And with that, he walked out. I decided to try getting some sleep. Some time passed.

"Hey, wake up," I was being gently shaken awake. I turned on the light beside me to see Everette, holding a tray. I sat up and took it, careful not to spill anything. I tried the soup.

"You didn't tell me you were this talented! This is amazing!" I smiled, brightly. He blushed a bit.

"I didn't think there was a reason to say anything about it, but... it makes me feel better that you like it. It'll cure you in no time."

"I don't doubt it!"

Everette pulled up a chair and sat by me, just looking at me. I glanced back at him, wondering what he was doing.

"You alright?" I whispered.

"Yes, I just need to look at you for a moment."

He gently cupped the side of my face, lightly brushing his thumb over my cheek. I've never felt so... intimate with someone. I looked back at him, taking in that this so called "scary" man is actually a very handsome one.

"Everette, I think I love you," I said, voice a bit shaky from the fear of getting rejected.

"I love you too. You know, for the longest time, I believed that this was impossible, since I live my life frightening others and never letting my guard down. But, I feel like I can let my guard down around you. You showed me that loving me isn't impossible."

"Of course it's not impossible. I don't care what other people think of you, Everette. You've shown kindness to me and hell, you're even taking care of me right now. I don't care if other people are scared of you; I'll never be afraid."

He leaned in at this, as I leaned in too and closed the gap between us. I hugged him tightly, opening my eyes and looking at him after I pulled away. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Will you stay here with me? I'm not too boring."

"Of course, Everette!"