Chapter 19: Long Road Ahead

Lee's POV:

I watched as one of the bandits pull the trigger as Carley fell to the floor lifeless.

Me: CARLEY!!!

Y/S/N quickly picked up one of the bandit's pistol and shot two of them in the head, she ran out of bullets on her third so as the last bandit tried to escape I shot him, however he then whistled as more bandits came running from the woods. I took cover behind the RV as I see Kenny running out of the room with a rifle.

Kenny: We gotta get out of here!

Me: No shit!

Kenny: Get those bastards! Cover our people and get them to the RV!

Kenny got in the RV as I then shoot the bandits near Y/S/N and Ben,

Me: Now! Get over here! Hurry!

Ben and Y/S/N then run over to the RV.

Ben: Man, you saved our asses!

Me: Get inside!

Both of them then went inside, next I spot Clementine, Y/N, Duck and Katjaa. I went over to the other side of the RV to shoot the bandits to male them a path. That's when walkers showed up from the noise and started eating some bandits. I took out more bandits. Clementine and Y/N then run over to the RV unharmed, however Katjaa and Duck were still in cover.

Me: Katjaa! Hurry! Come on!

Clementine: Lee!

Clementine then hugs me as Y/N joins in.

Me: Both of you! Get inside the RV!

Me: It's gonna be okay. Go!

They both head into the RV as I see a walker knock over Katjaa and get on top of Duck, I successfully kill the walker as Kenny comes out to help his family get in the RV. I spot Lilly still shooting from the vantage point.

Me: Lilly! Get in the RV!

Kenny: Screw her! Let her stay!

Kenny heads inside and prepares to start up the truck, Y/S/N then comes out to help fend off against the walkers. Y/S/N then heads back inside.

Me: Lilly! Last chance! Get down here!

I head into the RV as Lilly runs inside, Kenny then drives out of the motel and on the road as we leave.

Kenny: KAT! Jesus, are you okay?!

Katjaa: I'm fine, I'm fine!

Ben: Oh shit oh shit oh--

Ben then looks at Lilly.

Ben: I'm sorry.

Y/S/N: You ok Ben?

Lilly: Carley's dead. We need to figure out how this happened.

Lilly: We lost Carley and we lost everything.

Kenny: Well we're lucky as shit to have this RV!

Y/S/N: But Carley...

Kenny: Kat's head is spilt open!

Katjaa: I'm fine!

Lilly: Somebody in here caused this.

Kenny: Settle down back there; the bandits have had our number for weeks!

Lilly: This is different.

Lilly: Somebody was working with them. Whoever it was, was slipping them our meds. They didn't get their last package, so they attacked.