Chapter 80: On The Road

3rd Person POV: ( Location: Prescott )

Tripp: Jesus Christ!

One of the trucks drives through the gates; it falls on its side, and the walkers inside it escape. The New Frontier throws tear gas bombs into Prescott. A walker attacks a downed Javi, but he manages to push it aside and stabs its brain with his knife. Tripp is then seen walking over to him.

Tripp: *coughing* Fuckin' tear gas!

Javi: *stands up, coughing* I have to find Kate and Gabe! Can you help us?!

Tripp: *coughs* Go, man! I'll hold these assholes off!

Javi wanders through the town. A walker can be seen attacking a Prescott citizen, he stabs the walker, saving the citizens life and continues to press forward. A walker grabs him as he walks by the flipped truck, but he manages to kill it.

Gabe: Javi!

Javi: Gabe!

Javier tackles and kills a walker approaching Gabe, Kate, and Eleanor. He dives out of the way of a car, and shoots the driver when he gets out. Eleanor helps Kate walk over to the car.

Eleanor: Let's just use this. There's enough room for her.

Gabe, Kate, and Eleanor get in the car.

Eleanor: Javi!

A walker approaches him, but is run over by Tripp's van.

Tripp: Head east, we'll catch up!

Javi and his family drive off. Clem, (Y/N), Conrad, Uriel, and Tripp drive away shortly afterward. Prescott's citizens are massacred by walkers and New Frontier soldiers.

——————

They drive along a road.

Eleanor: Are they following us?

Javier looks behind them.

Javi: *sighs* Just the other car. Looks like we're okay.

Javi and Tripp pull over and everyone but Kate gets out.

Tripp: Eleanor. Thank God.

Eleanor and Tripp hug.

Eleanor: I can't believe it. All of our friends. All those people... Oh, Conrad.

Everyone looks over to see Conrad staring into the distance.

Uriel: Conrad?

No response.

Javi: She deserved better. They all deserved better.

Conrad: *walks up to him* You barely knew her. What the hell do you care? You're the reason they came to Prescott in the first place. She's DEAD because of you!

Everyone walks up to Javi's side.

Tripp: Conrad, easy buddy. This wasn't his fault.

Conrad looks at Tripp, then at (Y/N). He turns his head between Javi and (Y/N).

Conrad: You know what?! It's both of your faults!

(Y/N): What?

Conrad: You're the one who opened fire! She's dead because of you both!

Javi: We'll avenge her. I promise you that.

Conrad: Oh, so it's "we" now?

(Y/N): I'm sorry, Conrad.

Conrad: You're sorry? You're sorry?!

Tripp: God fuckin' dammit, Conrad. It's not their fault.

Conrad: Bullshit. Francine, Prescott... All because this washed-up cheat and crazy kid walked through our gates. I shoulda known it the second I looked at you both.