Chapter 106: How Do You Think I Feel?!

Clem's POV: ( About Two Weeks Later )

My eyes open to the sound of a baby crying. I jolt up from the bed and realise that both (Y/n) and AJ are missing.

Me: (Y/n)? AJ? Where are you both?

I get out of the bed and leave the dorm, once I do so... a horse moves in front of me as a tint of red surrounds the atmosphere. The horse stops, looking down another hallway before turning to me and making a neigh noise. It turns back to the hallway and starts moving down. I begin to follow the horse, I turn the corner it went down and hear a baby AJ crying.

Me: AJ?

I then hear distant gunshots as a room that looks fiery inside it is lit up ahead. I turn my head to see the horse lying down on the brink of death. I begin going towards the door as the sound of gunshots and crying grow louder.

Me: AJ!

I then open the door slowly, and as I step into the red light... I wake up panting. I look to my right to see (Y/n) sleeping, I turn to my left to see AJ crouched on top of the bedside table.

AJ: You were having a nightmare. Same one you used to have all the time. About what happened at the ranch.

Me: *panting* I'll be okay. Just give me a minute. *noticing AJ playing with something in his hands* Hey. What do you have there?

I then notice that AJ is playing with a pocket knife, he also just shrugs as an answer to my question.

Me: Did you have a bad dream, too? You've been having them a lot lately.

AJ: ...I feel safer like this. Not sleeping. I wanna stay up forever. I probably could. Like, eighteen days. If I tried hard.

Me: I don't know about that. I've never met anyone who could go more than a few days without sleep. Even (Y/n) can't.

AJ: Then I'll be the first. If we were in danger, then I would.

AJ then shouts in pain, holding his abdomen. I get up from the bed.

Me: Here, let me help you back to bed.

AJ: No.

I then slowly, and reluctantly sit back down on the bed.

AJ: You don't have to keep checking up on me. You and (Y/n) always say, be tough. So I am. You both say, be strong. And I will. And brave, all the time.

Me: You and (Y/n) are the toughest boys I know. Probably the toughest in the whole world.

AJ: (Y/n) can handle a lot of injuries like it's nothing, so he's very strong. And you're also tough. *smiles* Tougher than me.

Me: Well, no one's as tough as me and (Y/n).

AJ chuckles, then takes a deep breath.

AJ: I'm sorry you and (Y/n) had to do all the hard work. To a-tone me. And (Y/n) got hurt because of... *shakes his head and jumps down from the bedside table* I'm gonna help you both some more. So you don't have to do everything.

Me: Where are you going?

AJ: On patrol.

Me: ...patrol.

AJ: *shows his knife* For danger. Bad people. Monsters.

Me: What if you stayed here instead? If you go back to sleep, I'll stay awake and make sure no more bad dreams come.

AJ: You can't do that. You're not magic.

Me: How do you know? Maybe I have magic and never told you.

AJ: *chuckles* No, you don't. *walks over to his bed and frowns*