Vodka and Aspirin

Sitting down out of breath I look at the time. I got into the classroom with a minute to spare. Suddenly self-conscious of the people around me I adjust my skirt and look down avoiding eye contact. It's not difficult to notice that people stare at me but even though I'm used to it by now it still bothers me. I shouldn't let it get to me, after all, I'm doing this to myself. At least that's what all of my friends said before they were gone. Feeling a tap on my shoulder I jump in my seat and look behind me with wide eyes. The guy who tapped me held his hands up to show no harm and tilted his head towards the front of the room, the professor was back and ready to begin class.

--

After an excruciatingly long class period, our professor wraps up our notes and reminds us of our project due at the end of the semester. Sighing, I close my eyes put my head in my hands. Once again I'm quickly shaken out of my thoughts by the same guy tapping me. This time he looks almost concerned. "Are you alright?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows. "You seemed especially out of it today but I've noticed that you've seemed upset since the first time I saw you."

I stare at him in shock and only snap back into reality again when I hear him repeat my name. Gathering myself, I look up at him. "I... I'm alright, just tired, thank you though."

Nodding slowly he looks down at me and smiles reassuringly. "I've just realised that I never introduced myself, it probably came off weird with me being a stranger. I'm Eric."

"No! No, it's alright I really appreciate it," I say quickly shaking my head before looking down again.

Eric crouches in front of me and tilts my head up to look at him. "Hey, are you sure you're okay? Do you wanna talk about it? I could take you somewhere to eat if you're okay with it."

Looking away trying to hide my blush, I nod in agreement. He pulls me up from my chair and grabs my hand and my bags. When I open my mouth to protest he puts his finger over my mouth before grabbing my hand. "It's okay love, don't worry about me I've got it." After leading me across campus, him holding my hand the entire time, we stop walking and stand in front of his car. He drops my hand to put my bag in the backseat as I stare in awe. He laughs a little walking back up to me. Even as he bumps his shoulder into mine, it takes me a second to take my eyes away from his car to meet his eyes. He has a shiny black Cadillac, one I'd never seen outside of commercials online.

Self-conscious for what feels like the thousandth time today, I break eye contact and look away. He opens the door for me and walks around to the driver's seat putting one foot in before realising I hadn't gotten in yet. "Planning on getting in Yuto?" he says with a hint of concern entering his voice again. Should I really be doing this? I've been in far more dangerous situations but they were at least in my own home, right now I was about to get in a car with a total stranger. Preparing myself for the worst I nod and get in, him not close behind. As he turns on the ignition he turns to me. "What do you want to eat?"

Authors Note:

Hello everyone! I'm not even sure how long it's been but I'm back! I'm sorry I was gone for so long, I was admitted to a psych ward.

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be back to more regular posting without any obstacles this time!