003

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕿𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝖕𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖒𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

CHILDISH GIGGLES ECHOED in the cold air where the creatures and spirits of the night would venture and wander around in peace.

for some reason, the moon's frozen tears in the sky were shining and gathered more than the other nights. thus, making the night sky a world of dreams. nights like these with blooming stars was what intrigued the little boy the most.

how could a simple sky held so many stars at once and it made it seem like it would never end? it could keep millions and millions of scattered moondust without ever feeling tired. nagi could never ever keep up with the daily routines of the heavens.

yet when he looked beside him, the h/c-haired girl was grinning widely with a fascinated and excited face. her eyes twinkling as bright as the millions of stars dancing around the black terrestrial.

he thought she looked beautiful.

"nagi-san, why don't you stare at the stars in the sky rather than me?" she said, a blush sprouting across the white-haired boy's cheeks as he averted his gaze somewhere else. "i-i'm not staring at you!" he defended.

"oh, really? hahaha! my bad!" she laughed  while the cold wind blew by her, giving her the softest and the lightest hair ruffle it could ever emit. ah, how the night favoured one little girl so much.

within a few seconds of the boy's flushed face, it was replaced with a somehow saddened look. he had been meaning to tell her this as the sole reason of inviting her out to the nearby temple's rooftop, the nagi family's visit was coming to an end. and he would never see the girl ever, again.

"hey y/n..." he murmured, midwinter eyes embedded ever so gently with cement.

"yes?"

"uhm.. i won't be staying here any longer."

his eyes were locked on hers, scanning what the next emotion, expression or move she would do next, but y/n remained her joviality as always. sometimes it made the boy wondered; is this the way to hide her true feelings? or was she born as a happy little sunshine?

"yes, i know.." the girl's smile shrunk into a tiny one, before she looked up the black heavens. she leaned herself down on the rooftop, spreading her arms opened with a heavy sigh. "it's kinda sad, but it'll be fine. you can visit anytime, or we could see eachother in the big cities you live in once we're old enough."

now it was nagi's turn to plop himself beside her, mirroring every of her actions. the reason for so many stars to twinkle was for this moment, and the two little kids knew of it. "let's do a promise. how about; in 3650 days on this date, let's meet up at tokyo?!"

she thought for a while, or to be precise; counted for a while. the girl never knew of education, and what mathematics is. unless that was what to be expected of a six year old child.

when she slowly summed the calculation up, she flashed a cheeky smile at him; which made him shivered. "promise! i'll be a strong girl by then. you better not fall behind with your laziness, nagi-san!" wherein he scoffed, "i'll be a stronger than you that i can enter games and fight off demons while winning the heart of the princess!"

they then learn to fall in love with the sky buried in starry stars, treating it as a sign that connected them to eachother.