Chapter 1

???: Wanna hear a tale about how 2 individuals saved earth time, and time again? They were known as vault hunters. *Coughs* Sorry wrong game. They were of a tribe. One who hates outcasts. Which if you didn't notice are our main characters of this story.

Foot steps against wood could be heard as the narrator voice cuts off. A boy roughly 7 years of age could be seen. The foot steps owned by said individual.

Y/n: Mommy mommy! Can I play with Aloy?

The mother now turned to said boy. Long brown hair. Green eyes. Scars could be seen on some parts of her body.

???: Sure thing sweety, but remember. Dont go near the machines.

Y/n/???: And come back before dark.

??? Smiles knowing that he remembered.

???: Very well. Have fun.

She goes back to doing what she was doing.

(Remember you were adopted by outcasts. So it wouldn't be your biological mom, and dad.)

As said boy ran up the cliffside. To a nearby tavern, and knocked on the door. The owner opened it. Seeing the boy he smiled.

Rost: Hello there little one.

He got on his knees to pat Y/n head softly before standing up again.

Rost: I'm gonna guess your here to play with Aloy?

Y/n: Correct Mr.Rost!

He smiles brightly before allowed to enter the tavern. As he quickly walks over another set of wooden floors. He comes onto a girl with long dark orange hair?(Sorry if I'm mistaken).

Y/n: Aloy!

He giggles seeing his friend. Said friend turned away from the book she was reading.

Aloy: Hey Y/n!

She jumps down from her chair, and hugged said boy. The two known each other sense day 1 so of course the two were very close.

Y/n: Watcha doin?

He asks very excitedly.

Aloy: I'm reading a book about the machines, and there weaknesses.

He walks with his friend to read said book, and sure enough. Different machines with different colored parts, and weaknesses could be seen.

Y/n: Hey these are decent notes you have.

Aloy: These are thanks to Rost.

Y/n: Mr.Rost.

Said tall man entered on the conversation.

Rost: Yes young one?

Y/n: Is there by any chance I can have these notes too? Or a copy of them?

Rost: Sure thing. I'll give you a book tomorrow.

Y/n: Thank you Mr.Rost!

You see outcasts are outcasts for various of reasons most of them are all not that bad. Some could be mean though. The villagers dont much like us outcast Nora's, but some are willing to look past the Outcasts parts, and trade with them. My parents, and Rost trade quite often. So me, and Aloy have gotten along very well.

Mr. Rost here doesn't really mind the tribe, but doesn't want to rely on them. We all have our parts, and play in this thing we call life.

Y/n: So Aloy do you want to play with me?

Aloy looks up at Rost who nods.

Rost: Rememeber Aloy. Dont go anywhere near the old ones ruins.

Ah yes.. I forgot to mention Rost doesn't much like the ruins of the old ones for reasons. He believes they are haunted, and should never be entered. I dont much mind it. If it were haunted we would never be here.

Oh boy.... How could I be so so wrong?

Aloy: Sure thing!

Before we headed out, and went to a nearby rock formation. I climbed up top, and smiled. Before helping Aloy.

Y/n: I Y/n am now a hero of this world, and I made the evil machines disappear!

Aloy giggles at my silliness.

Aloy: I Aloy will help you destroy these evil machines!

As the two kept playing, and playing it soon became night time, and eventually we separated our ways. Who knew the next day. Would set our fates.....

I arrived home. Before it got dark, and saw my mom making food. My father was now drinking tea. His weapon, a steel great sword was lying against a nearby wall. My father looked at me, and smiled.

???2: Hey kiddo. I heard you played with Aloy. How was it?

Y/n: It was great dad! We were the savior of the world!

My father chuckled.

???2: Evil machines watch out. For our little Y/n will destroy you!

He acted like he was there. A smile on my face. As I giggle again, and run up to him. Only for him to pick me up, and put me on his lap.

Y/n: How was the gather father?

???2: It went well. Me, and the other outcasts were able to take down 2 machines, and were able to gather some herbs along the way.

Us outcasts have to live off the land in order to survive sense well... I already told you what the tribe thinks of us.

???2: We're having fox tonight with rice, and peppers.

Y/n: Yay!

After quickly eating, and heading towards my bed.

Y/n: Hey daddy? Can you read me a story?

???2 looked over to his wife.

???: Go on dear. I'll get the dishes.

???2: Alright then kiddo. Which one do you wanna hear?

Y/n: Is there any on the old ones?

???2: There are a few I can think of.

Y/n: Then can it be one of those?

???2: Sure thing.

I walked over, and got into my bed. As he pulled up a chair next to the bed.

???2: Long long ago. The machines were being made. Left, and Right. Hammers could be heard pounding against metal.

Y/n had a gleam in his eyes.

???2: Humans back then were very strong. They even done unimaginable things back then.

Y/n: Like what father?

???2 smiled.

???2: They created machines silly one.  They created goddesses, and gods. Powerful beings who we worship now.

Y/n: Wow... That's amazing....

???2 nodded.

???2: That's not all. They made large buildings. Towers so tall they reached the clouds. Or well that's what we assume. They had things as never could dream of, but one day.

Y/n: One day?

???2: Machines started fighting back against there creators. The creators were not prepared for this. Slowly they would get over runned, but then. One of the goddesses protected them, and stop the machines.

Y/n: Is that why there more peaceful? Because of the goddess?

???2: Yes little one. Now. I believe you should head to bed.

Y/n: But what happens if the machines attack again?

???2: The goddess is always watching, and always protecting us. Now I believe Trost brought up something about a hunt tomorrow. I want you to join him. He'll teach you some things.

Y/n: Okay father....

And just like that little Y/n fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright everybody that's the first chapter. I hope you enjoy! This all be pretty interesting. Especially sense I haven't played the first game in a while.

Oh well. I'll see ya next time. Peace out!