0.25

Being outside was like free therapy

Being outside was like free therapy. The cool breeze brings a sense of comfort that I haven't felt in a long time. I was in desperate need of a break after four exhausting classes. The classrooms were so suffocating. I enjoy being outside with the sun shining on my tan skin. The only downside was that I couldn't drown out all the irritating yelling.

Soccer, or football as some refer to it, should never be played in schools. It's bad enough that the boys return to our class sweaty and stinky. They put in so much effort, but I doubt any of them will qualify for the Olympics or the World Cup. The girls don't help matters by yelling and drooling over them.

I'm all for school spirit, but it's not like they even care about the game. The only reason they're watching is so they can stare at Huening Kai.

I don't see what other girls see in him. He's obnoxious and insistent on being in charge. He's not the captain but still the most demanding member on the team.

Don't get me wrong.

He's probably the best player on the team. He has more control over the ball than anyone else. Whenever the ball is in his grasp, he always scores.

I'd just rather spend my time doing more important things than drooling over a boy. For example, I can be studying. College isn't going to pay for itself, so I'll need all of the scholarships I can get.

I tried my hardest to read my notes despite the yelling and cheering in the distance. I took a small breath as I turned the page of my Science Textbook.

Suddenly a shadow appeared over my notebook. As I looked up, a soccer ball was flying quickly at me. I didn't have enough time to react before the ball hit me.

I groaned in agony as I rubbed my throbbing forehead. I bent down to pick up the soccer ball. The whole soccer team, as well as their pathetic fan base, were staring me down.

"Hey, toss it back!" Kai screamed.

I sucked my teeth. I'm the one who gets hurt, and I don't even get an apology.

"Hurry up!" He yelled again.

I held the ball up into the air. Kai moved his hand into a catching position getting ready to catch my throw. I smirked before turning in the opposite direction and throwing the ball into the highest tree I could see.

"What was that for?" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my seat on the bench. I could hear footsteps running up to me. I thought I'd have more time to get my belongings and leave, but I forgot this jerk was on the soccer team.

Kai hooked onto my wrist. "Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?" I pulled my hand from his grip.

"You just threw my ball across the field. Do you know how important that ball is?"

"Get over it. It's just a stupid ball."

"Stupid? We're in the middle of a crucial game right now, and you're ruining it."

"Important?" I chuckled. "Is this the world cup?"

"You're angering me. Go get my ball, right now!"

"Get it yourself, soccer boy."

"Are you trying to get on my bad side?"

"You hit me in the head and didn't apologize."

"It was an accident."

"And I threw your ball into the tree by accident."

"Oh, and I ruined your book by accident."

"What?" I looked at him confusingly. "What book?"

"This one." Kai snatched my science textbook out of my hands. In the blink of an eye, he threw it into a puddle near us. It rained yesterday and was still pretty wet everywhere.

"No!" I quickly ran and picked up my now dripping book. My notes were all smudged, "Are you crazy? I need this."

"And I need my ball."

"Your ball isn't as important as my book. I had loads of notes written down. Now I'll have to rewrite everything."

"My ball is important to ME." Kai made a finger-pointing gesture towards himself.

"You just disrupted my learning. I'm going to the principal."

"Great!" Kai clapped. "Let me come too so I can tell him you threw my ball into a tree."

I could feel my blood rising to my skull. I felt my nostrils flare as I took a deep breath. I grabbed my bag off the bench and headed straight into the school.

Kai, you're fucked.

To Be Continued

© -midzyspider

A/N: Thank you for reading!!