0.75

"You're late," I said to Kai, who had just now entered the library

"You're late," I said to Kai, who had just now entered the library. We agreed to meet at 3:15 p.m. after school. It's currently 3:30 p.m. We only have an hour to get through work, and we already wasted 15 minutes.

"Something came up." He sat down in front of me, tossing his book bag on the table. His hair was dripping in sweat. I could just tell he was playing soccer. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, let's get started. Take out your pre-calculus book and do all of the odd questions on page 256 since that was today's homework."

Kai groaned as he took out his book. He slowly flipped the page, trying to waste as much time as possible. I let out a sigh and ignored him, starting the problems myself.

Instead of just answering the odd problems, I guess I got a bit carried away and answered all of the questions on the page. Kai was being strangely quiet.

I watched as Kai stared at the math textbook angrily. He was clearly in distress and not enjoying any of this.

"Have you finished all of the questions?" I snatched the book from his hands. Only one of the questions was complete, and it looked like he tried every option before giving up and settling on C.

"Kai, you're making this more difficult than it looks."

"That's easy for you to say. I'm not a nerd like you."

I rolled my eyes, hoping he noticed my annoyance. "That question was easy; just follow the steps."

"What steps?"

"Don't you take notes in class?" I looked at him, confused, and he returned the same expression. "Let me see your notebook."

Kai groaned before pulling out his notebook from his bag. He tossed it across the table. His notebook witnessed the most. I frowned as soon as I opened the book.

His notes were incomplete and ran off of the pages. There were cartoonish doodles everywhere. He had many ongoing games of hangman and tic tac toe.

I flipped through the pages, hoping to find something I could work with, but the only improvement I saw was in his drawing abilities. The most recurring picture was a dog playing with a soccer ball.

Go Figure. I chuckled to myself.

"Do you ever pay attention in class?"

"Of course I do," Kai said in the most unbelievable tone.

"The only thing this book reveals about you is that you're a lousy tic tac toe player."

"No, I'm not. I think I won around half of those games." Kai snatched his notebook from me.

"Maybe if you put effort into studying the same way you do with soccer, you'd pass something."

"And maybe you'd be able to pass P.E if you didn't have a stick up your ass all the time."

"I can't do this anymore." I stood up from my chair. "You're the vilest person I've ever had to work with."

"It's not like you're any better," Kai stood up. "I'm Yuna, and I use big words to prove I'm better than other people," he mocked me.

"You think you're so cute," I scoffed. "I'm Kai, and I'd rather marry my soccer ball than achieve something worthwhile with my life," I said, mocking him back.

Kai started to pack his bag.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere away from you." He started to shove his books back into his bag faster.

"I'm just trying to help you."

"Well, you're not." He placed one of his straps over his shoulder and started walking away. Before leaving, he stopped and turned toward me. "I know I'm stupid, but you don't have to make me feel bad about it."

He walked out of the library in a flash, allowing the door to slam behind him. I felt my face turn sour. I cleared my throat, hoping the lump in it would go away, but it didn't. I knew I had to apologize at this point. I hate apologizing more than PE.

I stood up and started packing my bag as well. I walked down the hallway looking for Kai. He barely made it anywhere as he was standing by his locker.

I approached him quietly, grasping onto my bookbag straps.

"What?" He snapped.

"I-I'm sorry," I stuttered. "I didn't mean to make you feel bad."

"Yes, you did."

"You're not stupid, Kai."

Kai looked at me in disbelief. He rolled his eyes and slammed his locker, trying to walk away. I quickened my pace to catch up with him. "I'm serious. You're not stupid, so math isn't your strong suit. Everyone has a weakness. I'm the same way when it comes to PE."

Kai stayed silent and continued walking down the hall. I sighed, knowing this conversation wasn't going anywhere. "Neverm-"

"7:00 tomorrow morning on the track," he cut me off. "Don't be late." He suddenly walked away from me.

" He suddenly walked away from me

© -midzyspider

A/N: I'm going to try and update twice a week for now on

A/N: I'm going to try and update twice a week for now on. Don't @ me on that.

Have a good day!!