Chapter 10: Pitch's Great Plan

⚠️Warning⚠️

This chapter give hints of dark unhealthy obsession over someone. I tried to keep it as reader friendly as possible without destroying the characteristic of Pitch's toxic obsessive side.

If you feel uncomfortable, you are free to skip that part which as been marked with indicators.

------------------------------------------

It all happened so fast, no one ever saw it coming. The eggs were ready and marching toward the tunnels, the hope of Easter already strengthening their magical core...and then...

Disaster arrived.

First, it was the shaking of the land. As I'd an earthquake was slowly building their way. It made all the Guardians get into position, afraid Pitch would try to attack them from somewhere. Yet, no one realized what his plan was...until it was too late.

From the tunnels endless nightmares galloped out, a huge stampede that broke all the freshly painted eggs, leaving none to escape. Everything was chaos around them, and Jack had yet to return.

Bunny was furious, attacking blindly the nightmares while trying to defend his precious eggs. Yet failing as the army of black sand horses was too much for him. His cries of agony and pain, broke Gaia's concentration as she fought resulted with her getting a strong side hit.

She stumbled back and almost fell, only for another nightmare to attack her from behind and send her stumbling forward. The third horse, that had tried to grab her, was destroyed by North's cutlass.

Gathering all together to have each other's back, they tried to fight their way through the nightmares and protect any egg left. The fight felt endless but it was mere minutes before the black horses retreated back to the tunnels.

What they left behind, broke every single guardian, but no one was affected as much as Bunny. Every single egg had been broken, pieces laying on the ground marked by hooves. Not even one egg survived despite the deep praying of Gaia to the man on the moon.

---------------------

Despite what had taken place, the guardians insisted on trying one last time. There had to be something to save easter, right?

That's what Bunny kept thinking as he roamed the park in Canterbury, Englad. He had a small basket with some normal painted eggs and was trying to approach a group of kids.

The little believers had empty baskets with them, hopefully searching and searching for any easter egg.

"There aren't any eggs..."

"There's nothing here"

"I give up, come on"

"Let's go. "

"He didn't come. I don't understand"

The voices of sad and disappointed children reached the ears of the hidden guardians  and they watched with wide eyes as the kids walked with their heads down.

"Maybe he just hid them really well this year," a girl said, trying hard not to give up hope.

"Kids, wait—" Bunny said as he ran between the last two kids with a basket of his own.

"I checked everywhere. There's nothing" the boy said.

"-- Yes there is! There is! I mean these aren't my best-lookin' googies, but they'll do in a pinch!" The spirit said as he held them out to the two kids.