Prologue

"Why?" Khailen asked.

"You guys loved eachother for years, mas mahal mo pa nga siya kaysa sa sarili mo. So why?" i looked at him and smiled and looked away. I know that he's worried and confused, but J can't do anything because, I'm confused and lost too.

"Like you said. I love him more than I love myself, that's why I let him go" It was not easy, sobrang hirap, sobrang sakit, sobrang nakakapagod at nakakapanghina. I gathered all my strength and courage to let that man go, to let him be happy and have what he deserves.

"I don't understand, he pursued you, he was the one who came into your life, who promised you things, who wanted to be with you, pero anong nangyare?" I don't know too, he wanted to fulfill that promises, we both wanted to keep that promise but things doesn't always happen according to plan.

"I don't know too" I simply said.

Tinignan ko uli siya at kitang kita ang galit at pag aalala sa muka niya but I know na sinusubukan niyang intindihin ang sitwayson at ang desisyon ko. We can't control what we feel. I wanted to keep fighting but like I said, things happens.

"Why did you let him go?" he finally had that courage to ask that question, kanina pa niyamg pinipigilan ang sarili niyang tanungin iyon. I painfull smiled and answered. "Our relationship is a already damaged, it's already broken, but we tried we both tried,we did our best to try and save our relationship, but you can't save something that is already dead something that is already gone."

"What do you mean? How did it become broken?" I don't know too, it just happened, so fast, that none of us realized what happened, not until we both got hurt and tired of eachother. We both wanted to fight, we both tried, we wanted us to be together, but he just suddenly gave up. I was so devestated when that happen. I was so angry at him, because why did he give up? Why did he fell out of love? Was it my fault? Was it his? But then I came to realize that none of us wanted that.

We tried, we fought, and failed.

"Because you can't control what will happen to us. To you." he looked pissed, very pissed. I know that he find that reason lame, very lame.

"That's a lame excuse Dio" maybe...

"His look, the way he looks at me changed. That's when I knew that it will end anytime soon. He doesn't look at me like how Dad looks at tita mommy. The way he looked at me is how, Dad and Mom looked at eachother before, that tired and cold look, specially the "I don't love you anymore look". That's when it started, but I know that's where it ends. " I was part of his chapter, maybe a lesson, but not the title nor his whole purpose." but I'm glad that I could be part of his life and his story.

"That's fucked up Dio and you know it" Everything is fucked up.

"It's indeed fucked up, but everything comes to and end. Maybe it was never meant to be. I'm just the first one he loved, but I was never meant to be his last to forever"

I was the one, but not THE ONE.