Chapter 34

Timay and I exchange a look before a boisterous laughter fills the silence between us

Timay and I exchange a look before a boisterous laughter fills the silence between us. Tears fall down her pale face, the laughter giving her a livelier appearance. I join in, unable to wrap my head around the absurdity of Nay's question.

"Pregnant? Get real, I'm on the pill."

"You know contraceptives aren't a hundred percent," Nay rolls her eyes before setting her glare on me again but all I can do is smirk in response to her. Every time this woman glares at me all I can think about is Timay's glare that inflicts pain on your soul.

Naomi's glare can't compare. I'm sure Dane is scared shitless when her eyes narrow and zero in on him but not me.

Timay groans, clutching her abdomen, her features twisting in pain. "I don't think pregnancy is supposed to be painful," she mutters, rubbing her stomach in a circular motion.

"Well, dry heaving does that to you... I tell you what, I'll get you a test."

"Fuck off." Timay mumbles but Nay doesn't hear her as they rush out the door, leaving us alone. "Why can't a female vomit without anyone assuming she's pregnant? Like, seriously what the fuck?"

"I don't–"

"When she returns and believe you me, she will, tell her I'm sleeping, please. I can't deal with her."

"Fuck that," I smirk, sliding the chain into the golden brass lock. "Now they won't be able to come in."

"Thank you," she sighs out, resting her head against my chest as I wrap my arm around her waist, leading her up the stairs.

Pregnant, not a fuck.

Right?

Two days

Two days.

Two fucking days of vomiting.

Two days of running to the toilet.

Two agonizing days of attempting to vomit out my esophagus and my intestines.

At least that's what it felt like.

I clear my throat, the pain somewhat bearable now four days after everything. I stretch my arms above my head, ignoring all the dull aches in my body.

"Fuck, yes!" I exclaim. It's the first successful stretch I've managed to have without pulling a muscle or almost pulling a muscle in my leg.