Chapter 8: Boyfriends and Starbucks

Chapter 8

"Good morning!" Someone said happily, walking into my bedroom.

"Go away." I groaned, rolling over in my bed.

"Nice hair." Wesley said with a laugh.

I gasped, sitting up straight.

"Why the hell are you in my bedroom?" I asked quickly, pushing my messy hair back from my face.

"Your mother let me in before she left for work." Wesley smiled, setting a frappuccino down on my nightstand.

I just looked at him, my tired mind trying to process this.

"I barely got any sleep last night so I'm kind of high on caffeine right now." Wesley laughed, sitting down on my bed.

"Why didn't you sleep?" I yawned, stretching out my arms.

"Because we were up until like midnight then my dad freaked out and sent us to bed, he was being weird. Then at like three he called us all to the living room to say that his mom was at the hospital or something, she's fine, but then it was tough falling back asleep and I just sort of woke up at eight and decided to bring you Starbucks." Wesley explained, giving me a smile.

"Gosh you're weird." I laughed, shaking my head. "You are in my bedroom at nine in the morning and I'm not even out of bed yet. Stalker much?"

"Ah so you see if I was your boyfriend this would be totally normal." Wesley smiled.

I raised my eyebrows. "What are you getting at?"

"Subtle hints don't work on you, do they?" Wesley laughed with a shrug. "I dunno, what am I getting at?" He smiled, standing up from my bed.

"It's too early for this." I groaned, laying back down.

"Aw come on aren't you gonna drink your Starbucks?" Wesley whined.

"I'm not even awake yet." I sighed, pulling a pillow over my face. "And you've got my brain all fuzzy with your boyfriend talk."

"Well I mean a simple yes or no would work." Wesley grinned, pulling the pillow away from my face.

"Excuse me?" I laughed.

"See it would be totally weird for me to bring some random girl Starbucks while she's still asleep, but it would be adorable if it was my girlfriend." Wesley smiled.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I asked with a laugh.

"Precisely." Wesley grinned.

"Are you drunk?" I asked carefully. "You're acting weird."

"I told you, I had a lot of caffeine." Wesley shrugged. "Now please answer so I don't look like a fool."

"How about you be a wonderful boyfriend and let me sleep." I laughed, taking my pillow back from him.

Wesley raised his eyebrows.

"You're so weird." I laughed, rolling away from him as I put the pillow over my head again.

"I'm your weird boyfriend though." Wesley grinned, poking my shoulder.

"You're lucky you're cute." I giggled, shaking my head. "Ugh fine now you've got me awake." I groaned, deciding to sit up.

"Yay!" Wesley laughed.

I sighed, reaching for my Starbucks.

"Thank you." I smiled as I took a sip.

"You are very welcome... Girlfriend." Wesley winked.

~*~*~

A laugh escaped my lips as Wesley pulled the pan out of the oven.