Epilogue

Epilogue

"Damn girl, already pre-gaming?" June, my roommate, asked with a laugh as she walked into the dorm room.

I let out a laugh before downing the shot.

"Just gotta get a little loose before we go." I winked, shaking my head as the shock of the alcohol jolted my system.

"Where we heading tonight?" June asked curiously, pulling on her heels.

"Uh... Stacy had somewhere in mind, I dunno." I said with a shrug.

"Frat? House party? Bar?" June raised her eyebrows.

"Bar I think so bring your ID." I replied, glancing in the mirror to fix my hair.

"Grace Carter, you are an interesting person." June shook her head in amusement. "When I first met you, I figured you were some stuck up prude."

I let out a snort, pulling down the hem of my dress as I walked towards the door.

"That was me in high school, I have shed my old self and am now a whole new person." I said happily, giving her a wink.

"Damn right you are, I'm quite impressed. College sure has changed you." June laughed, following me into the hall where Stacy was waiting.

"Took you losers long enough." Stacy rolled her eyes as we walked towards the stairs.

"June's fault." I replied with a laugh, glancing in my purse to make sure I had everything.

"Oh here, your phone was on the desk I grabbed it." June handed it to me. "Uh, you've got an incoming call."

I glanced down at my phone.

*1 Missed Call; 1 Voicemail*

I didn't even bother to see who they were from before sliding my phone into my pocket.

"So, Stac, where we going?" I asked happily, linking my arm with hers.

"Wherever we're going, you're the designated sober friend." Stacy sighed. "You've been too wild these past few weeks."

"Too late for that." June snorted. "She's already got like three shots in her system."

I rolled my eyes.

"Girls, girls. I can drink however much I want. I'm a perfectly responsible adult." I said happily, pushing my hair off of my shoulder.

"Yeah, as if." Stacy gave me a look.

Turns out we were going to a bar, but before we'd even walked inside, my phone started ringing again and this time, I caught the name.

My stomach sunk to the floor at the familiar name: Wesley Ryder.

"Guys go in, I'll catch up with you." I called to them before sliding the answer bar on the phone.

"Hello?"

"Grace." Wesley sighed.

"Why do you sound so desperate?" I asked my boyfriend nervously. "What happened?"

"Um, we were supposed to video chat like an hour ago?" Wesley frowned.

"Ohhhh shit." I giggled. "I'm sorry baby, I was getting to go out with the girls."

I heard Wesley let out another sigh.

"Grace. Are you drunk?" Wesley asked quietly.

"I'm not going to lie to you, I'm a little tiny bit tipsy." I replied, leaning against a car as I talked to him.