CHAPTER 8: The Battle Begins.

(Ranger's POV)

The first few waves weren't much of a problem. Then it started to go south. Quickly.

A enemy horde, much bigger than what we were used to, came out. I had gotten my railgun modified to make it much more efficent, but even that wasn't enough to thin out the onslaught.

I shot a Heavy, the bullet ricochet off it's shoulder at a weird angle and it went flying, landing right under Mini's foot, who quickly gunned it down. 

Mini:"WE NEED MORE SUPPORT! THIS ISN'T ENOUGH DEFENSE!"

He had to yell, because the amount of gunfire that was going off was deafening.

And then, I heard something that made it a little better.

Accelerator:"Need more support, you say?"

It was more support! Multiple Towers came into the battle, including, but not limited to, Sledger, Accelerator, Toxic Gunner, Commander, and the Turret Operator!

Me, DJ, Mortar, Mini, and Glad were the only ones on the field before this.

A few waves went by, then I heard something that made my anxiety rise again.

Commander:"FALLENS, ON SIGHT! FOCUS FIRE!"

I had my upgraded railgun, which made it easier, but it was still anxiety-inducing. And then, I saw something familiar.

That black body and the bandage around their leg? It was the Fallen that ran away earlier. The Scout that Commander mentioned. We made eye contact. He stopped dead in his tracks. He mouthed "please" to me. What was that supposed to mean? He slowly mouthed something to me again. "i want to see my friends" "please" Now I understood. I slowly moved up my railgun, and pulled the trigger. He was blasted against the wall with a laser going through his head. He slowly mouthed something to me, one last time. "thank you.." Did I feel.. Sympathy? No. I was in the middle of a literal warzone. I couldn't get distracted. 

I quickly shook it off and started shooting again. I didn't realize how much time that Fallen took up. For about 45 seconds I hadn't been doing anything.

Then, the Giant Boss came out. He wasn't much of a problem. 

I slowly realized we were approaching the final strech.

Anxiety? At it's worst.

________________________________________________________
poggers chapter 8!!!
Happy St. Patrick's! -Port3l_150