CHAPTER 12: A new (much quieter) beginning..

(Ranger's POV)

I have no idea what Medic just said to Mini, but it may as well been some sort of sleep spell because he fainted on the floor. 

"Is he ok?"

It was in my mind. Nothing came out. I was even more confused. What was happening to me? I don't know where to go or what to do. All I can do is sit here and wait for something to happen.

Right?

...

I got off of the medical bed. It looked like Medic was trying to stop me, but I got off anyway. I fell onto the floor.

"Ow."

That didn't really help me. I shouldn't have done that. Medic helped me get up and pointed for me to get back on the medical bed. She looked at me as if she was saying

"Don't move."

She went into the back room and pressed some button. A headset popped out of the chair and I put it on. Instantly, there was some sort of mic that I couldn't control. 

"This is the only way I can communicate with you."

What? Who said that?

"It's me, Medic."

Oh.

"I can talk to you through this, but you can't talk to me."

Ok?

"Here's the summary: You got hit by Fallen King's lightning, right?"

Right.

"And that lightning massively damaged parts of your head."

Uh...

"1. Your ears. That's why you can't hear anything."

...

"2. A certain part of your brain that I can't figure out."

And that means what?

"That part controls where you can speak."

"That's why you can't talk.."

uh.....

so.....

"I don't know how, why, or any other reason, but above all else.. You need to learn something."

Learn what?

"Sign language."

Oh....

               [3 HOURS LATER]

So... Yeah.

This is a new beginning for me.

I have no idea what's going to happen next..

But i'm gonna try.