CHAPTER 11

“Are the Shinsu common on the Western Continent?”

Dia immediately shook her head at Ronée’s words.

“It can’t be,” she answered in a slightly startled voice.

“The most recent Shinsu on the Western Continent belonged to Pell, who was an archmage in the imperial family about 10 years ago.”

“An archmage…?”

Ronée, who seemed a bit curious, nodded slowly.

As Nabel said, if the Shinsu was created from the love of the gods, it was understandable that he would also be a mage.

‘But I’m not a mage.’

“Yes. His Shinsu was a lion, and he defended the Iver family with powerful magic. If only there hadn’t been a problem with him…”

Dia suddenly went silent.

Ronée glanced back at her. She now understood why the Western people welcomed the gods so much.

“Did the Miltans revolt after his death?”

It made sense. It was about 10 years ago, so the timing was right. Dia nodded her head slightly, confirming what Ronée asked.

“That’s right. His Shinsu, the lion, was able to use really powerful magic.”

Dia did not say anything further, but it was clear what the people of The Western Continent were expecting from her.

Like the Archmage Pel, they want her to protect the Iver family with the Shinsu’s magic.

‘If it’s possible, I will…’

Ronée had no reason to refuse. The problem was that Bell didn’t seem to have that much power.

Ronée smiled in embarrassment. Perhaps it noticed Dia was telling its story, as it suddenly popped out of the shadow.

“Oh my!”

“The Shinsu…”

People were surprised and bowed when they saw the Shinsu. It wasn’t as polite as it was for the imperial figures, but it was evident that the Shinsu is well respected.

“Oh my god…!”

Bell yawned in Ronée’s arms, whether people noticed or not, Ronée smiled with embarrassment.

Expectations started to fill the eyes of people around her

An archmage who would defend the Iver family.

Those were their wishes.

“But I can’t use magic,” Ronée muttered. It would be better to cool down their expectations now before it swelled any bigger.

Ronée was terrified of being abandoned after experiencing happiness.

To be precise, she was afraid the people who approached her warmly would someday turn cold.

That was the case for everyone in the Eastern Continent.

‘I didn’t want to suffer the same thing here.’

“It doesn’t matter.”

However, the reaction from the head maid, Dia, was unexpected.

“…?” Ronée looked back at her.

“Before, the master of the Shinsu, Pell, was said to be an archmage…”

“Didn’t he protect the imperial family with that powerful magic?”