CHAPTER 18

“They wouldn’t dare treat the owner of a Shinsu rudely. The problem is that there will be some who are aiming for the master of the Shinsu.”

“…You mean the people who support the Miltans.”

Nesha nodded as his eyes widened slightly at the mention of the Miltans. He was one of the few people who knew about Ronée.

It was because he was one of the few to investigate her before Nabel went to rescue her.

Thanks to that, he knew that she had spent almost her entire life inside the mansion.

Even so, she didn’t seem to be unaware of the news outside the mansion.

“—For the most part, the Shinsu will be able to protect you. However, it can’t prevent unintentional accidents that happen in an instant like the tea incident, or assassination attempts when the Shinsu’s owner is unaware.” Nesha said with a slightly relaxed look.

Nesha continued as if he was a little embarrassed.

“It means that if an assassin comes in while you are asleep, the Shinsu cannot stop it,”

“Ah….”

Ronée’s eyes widened. Nesha bowed his head.

“While His Majesty has ordered an increase in the number of knights escorting you, you have not been officially recognized as the master of the Shinsu, so we cannot increase the knights beyond the allotted amount for guests. So, you should always be careful.”

He politely warned her several times.

“For any reason, if there is a ‘Duke Lloyd’ among those who requested an audience with you, you must refuse the visit. The maids will help come up with a reasonable excuse.”

His gaze turned to Dia, the head maid.

Dia, one of Nabel’s most loyal people, nodded briefly.

Everyone who worked under Nabel knew that Duke Lloyd had no loyalty for the emperor.

“Please.”

Nesha, who repeatedly emphasized caution, looked at Ronée.

‘She’s just a lady’

Her pink hair was a symbol of the East and caused her to stand out a little.

But she looked weak.

‘Master of the Shinsu….’

It was definitely the powerful force the Iver Family needed.

Nesha noticed that the power Ronée wielded was also little different.

He recalled the day Ronée first arrived.

Nabel, who has always been a cold, unapproachable figure, melted like the snow under the spring sun around Ronée. His warm smile was only for her.

It looked like a lie.

He had served Nabel for nearly a decade.

Nabel, who was a wounded child when they first met, had grew into a tyrant who couldn’t be moved by blood or tears.

He had no choice but to survive.

However, like the previous Emperor Iver, who trusted no one and was wary of everyone, Nabel also kept his distance from everyone around him.

Nesha had no choice but to worry.

Despite that, he regarded Ronée as a sign of hope.

She is like the spring sunshine.