Chapter 31

The next day, Nabel came out of Ronée’s room as expected. After receiving acknowledgment as the Master of Shinsu and the announcement of their upcoming wedding, no one dared to utter any objections.

The only one who seemed distressed was Ronée since she had his scent all over her body.

Quickly recognizing her mistress’ discomfort, Ryne asked, “Shall I prepare a warm bath?”

Ronée nodded in response, her face slightly flushed from embarrassment.

Earlier, Nabel left with a promise to return after finishing his morning duties.

“Okay.” Ronée smiled awkwardly.

Although Dia, the chief maid, along with the maids, knew what had occurred last night, they did not mention it at all.

Splash

The sound of the water rang loud as she moved her hand in the spacious bathtub. She was finally able to relax.

After the bath, Ryne applied a rose-scented balm on Ronée.

“When you’re done with your duties, let’s visit the knight’s hall together.”

Nabel had postponed his entire afternoon schedule for her.

It was of little importance to Nabel that the 0th Order Knights had to run around frantically because of his delayed schedule.

The most important thing was Ronée’s safety, and he planned to let Ronée choose her own escort knights.

‘They will move at her word as if they are her hands and feet.’

After all, the 0th and 1st Order Knights were the ones he had personally selected for their abilities on the battlefield.

Ronée recalled how Nabel kissed her fingertips last night and said, “You don’t have to use your soft hands to work anymore.”

Although Ronée had been treated with care since arriving in the Western Empire, her fingers were still rough.

As he spoke those words, his lips met each of her fingertips. Ronée blushed at the memory.

“Sister.”

It was nearly lunchtime when Nabel returned for Ronée. Behind him was Nesha, the knight who always followed him. When their eyes met, Nesha greeted her with a deep bow.

“Are you busy?”

Ronée found it cute how he knocked on her door even though it was already open.

“No,” she answered with a smile.

“Then, shall I escort you to the Knights Hall?” Nabel asked as he offered his hand.

Ronée rose from her seat with a light shawl hanging over her shoulders, and happily accepted her escort.

The sun was especially bright that day. It was also Ronée’s first time leaving the palace since the Trial of the Tower.

A large banquet was scheduled to be held in honor of the new master of the Shinsu, which meant there were outsiders remaining in the castle.

Due to this, the castle was heavily guarded.

“Greetings, Your Majesty.”

“Greetings, Master of the Shinsu.”