CHAPTER 12

A Shinsu must protect its master.

They would do it even when no orders were given.

So, if you were the true master of the divine beast, there would be no harm in jumping off the tower…

It was such an ignorant and simple principle.

In fact, all those who impersonated the masters of Shinsu were filtered out there.

No matter how high level a mage was, there was no one who could properly perform flight magic around the high 9-story tower where the wind blew fiercely.

All the fakes fell and died.

There was no way Ronée would die if she jumped. From its ability to hide in the shadows to the way it protected its master, Bell was clearly Shinsu.

The problem is that you must go to the top of the tower by yourself. It was dangerous if there was outside interference.

The duke continued in a graceful voice.

“In addition, I heard that she is from the Eastern Continent. Your Majesty must have known about the Eastern Continent.”

This was what Nabel had expected. The talk of the tower’s test came a bit early.

But he must’ve deliberately mentioned the fact that Ronée came from the Eastern Continent and their ignorance of the Shinsu

Westerners do not believe in Easterners.

“—Isn’t it a place where liars who don’t even know of the existence of Shinsu and don’t believe that the gods live among humans reside?”

Yes, and for that reason. Nabel laughed.

“You know that I spent my childhood in the Eastern Continent.”

“I heard it was a very brief moment.”

It was brief, but it was the happiest moment of his life.

Nabel briefly recalled his childhood days with Ronée. Then he beckoned.

“I understand that there are people who think like you. We’ll take action soon.”

He didn’t bring her as the master of Shinsu. The Shinsu was just an additional bonus.

Of course, there was nothing better than that if the Shinsu protected the Iver family. But above anything else, he would respect Ronée’s wishes.

Would she want to do something that hurts people?

The Ronée he knew was far from brutal, one that had never even held a blade, and she was far from a bloodthirsty person.

Being the master of a Shinsu was not the only way to put her in The Imperial Castle.

Of course, the choice was Ronée’s.

“Get out.”

Let’s think about it deeply. He beckoned once again.

* * * * * *

That night.

Ronée was on the third floor of the palace named after her. The room prepared for her was ready in no time despite her sudden arrival today.

As if waiting for the owner for a long time.

“His Majesty has told us to prepare to greet the owner of the palace.”

That seemed to be the correct answer. Ronée looked at his face when she heard the name Ronée Palace. She thought of Nabel’s blushing as he smiled slightly.