2: A Different Route ♡

Looking into the full length mirror, Lodi frowned. The reflection in the mirror was wearing a tattered night gown.

The boy had fair skin, long matted hair as dark as the night sky, dull gray eyes that had eyebags underneath and sunken in cheek bones.

"Did I really look this horrible in my previous lifetimes? Was I blind before?" Lodi muttered as he saw his dirty looking appearance.

'Oh, wait. I remember now. I forgot I was being abused by my nanny at this point in time.' Lodi thought.

'I should really fire her. If I recall correctly, throughout all of my lifetimes, not once had I revealed the abuse I was given by the nanny because I thought it was shameful. Since I want to stay at the palace for as long as possible and live lavishly, I must take a different route. First step, punish/fire the nanny and get the maids of the palace on my side.' Lodi thought as he collapsed on his worn out mattress.

He closed his tired eyes and sighed heavily.

With determination in his gray eyes, he said, "Since this is my 103rd life, I shall live this life lazily and lavishly. When Oreo comes back to take the throne, I'll just obediently let him have it. Screw leaving the palace and having to beg people for food and money just to survive. With all the money I receive from my dad as the crown prince right now is simply too good to give up. I have 8 years before Oreo comes back, and now one can bother me now-"

"Get up brat!" A woman's voice spat out.

Lodi glanced at the old woman calmly.

'I can't believe it, I, the crown prince that people viewed as a tyrant put up with being abused by her in all of my lifetimes.' Lodi thought.

Seeing that he did not immediately listen to her orders, the woman marched towards him. She grabbed Lodi's fragile wrist and pulled him up from his mattress.

Lodi's vision blurred for a second and he felt a little dizzy. His body swayed as he tried to stabilize himself but failed.

The nanny grimaced and pushed him off of her, causing Lodi to fall on the ground but not before Lodi accidentally grabbed her ruby necklace, causing it to break and shatter on to the floor.

The nanny stared at her precious necklace on the floor in shock before rushing toward him.

"Bastard, you are really asking for it!" The old woman shouted as she kicked him on his stomach.

Lodi grinned evilly.

'This is going to be fun.' He thought.