|- Chapter 3-|

I was with this man for a few days, I got used to hunting with him and it was fun to do, he'd praise me everytime I catched something and was still positive even though we didn't get anything. The feeling of being a wolf was less terrible this way, but I wasn't making any progress in finding things out whatsoever. 

We didn't leave the woods, we came past weird buildings and buildings I recognized, many places were abandoned. There was a big ravine hidden in the hills where I couldn't enter but the man told me it was probably an old hiding spot or something, sometimes I wished I was a small wolf.

The sun was slowly going down and disappearing to the other side of the world, we were still walking even though most times we'd find a place to put our camp, the monsters of the night would awaken soon and I wasn't really in the mood to feel those between my teeth. We seemed to walk up a hill and when we got to the top I could see the big city l'manburg in front of me, in the beautiful orange lights the city seemed even bigger then usual.

The man sighed heavily and when I looked at him I could see his face had a sad look to it. I slowly sat down and moved my head towards his to give some comfort, even though I didn't know what it was I could feel that he was very sad about something, maybe he lost something too in the battle? 

The man chuckled slightly and moved his hand towards me, he slowly touched me and softly massaged my fur, I could've purred like a cat from satisfaction. My eyes shut I melted into his touch and heard him laugh a bit which made me happier aswell.

"We've been together for a while now, maybe we should have names instead of me calling you wolf." I shot my eyes open hoping to finally get a name from him as I was just calling him man this whole time, even if it was just in my mind it didn't feel right. He kept his hand on my white fur and placed his other one on his mouth thinking.

"What about we go for something simple, like snow?" I dropped my ears immediately and shook my head rapidly, this was too basic I'm sure he could come up with something better. The man laughed loudly at my reaction and patted my head, "alright, we're not going for basic then." 

"Lixue, means pretty snow, how about that?"  I thought about it for a second but I liked it pretty quickly, it's a nice name and not just a stupid dog name. I nudged his hand trying to show I liked the name and he understood me right away, patting my head again but softer this time he smiled. "Nice to meet you Lixue, my name is Philza." I perked up my ears at the name and was so relieved to finally know his name, my first friend as a wolf is Philza. 

He started to laugh a bit and I tilted my head not knowing what was so funny, but when I concentrated a bit I felt my tail wagging and I looked back to see it indeed wagging, now I know why dogs go after their tail, they are annoying when you don't even notice it! Philza was happily laughing and patted me on my shoulder, the sun was now gone and stars were slowly appearing.

I watched the sky for a little while, Philza sat down in the grass and watched the sky aswell, it was peaceful and very nice, maybe being a wolf had its benefits?