Those Who Are Responsible

We arrived at the movie theater, uncle Ben walking with me to the theater. We were going to watch a movie about Homelander fighting Black Noir, we had heard it wasn't exactly great. The plot was iffy, the conflict wasn't set up and the third act went off the wall. So we primarily were going to see it so we can rip into the movie and its poor writing.

"At least the action will be decent," I jokingly said to uncle Ben. He laughed at the jab at the movie.

"If we wanted to go somewhere for action, I would've taken us to a boxing match," He joked in return. We just kept laughing. When we actually started watching the movie, we had to admit that the first part of the movie was alright. It was meant to be a follow up to Homelander: Origin Of A Hero, where Black Noir tries to take down Homelander to try and reign in his destructive potential. Although, it was hard to try and figure out what exactly Black Noir was thinking...since he didn't talk. We don't know if he had lines and just constantly forgot them, or if the writers didn't bother writing lines for Black Noir because they knew he wouldn't talk anyways.

"The dark and silent type is damning this film right now," I whispered to uncle Ben. He chuckled and smiled.

"Better than the bright and never shuts the hell up type that's driving the plot forward," Ben joked back, referring to Homelander endlessly talking about how everything he does is the right thing. I had to stifle my laughter from the statement.

"He just keeps talking! You're right!" I said quietly through breaths and laughter. After the movie was over, we left the theater laughing our asses off.

"That movie was such a train wreck! Why did Maeve need to be there?" Ben said, leaning onto me.

"I don't know! They just decided she was needed!" I replied through laughter. I felt my phone begin vibrating in my pocket, taking it out and looking at who was calling. It was my mom, which made me slow my laughter. Mom doesn't usually call me, unless it's important. My laughter stoped as I quickly answered the call.

"Mom? What's going on?" I asked immediately. I heard her sniffling and crying, as if something was wrong. Her voice was coming through the phone as a whisper, as if being quiet was quintessential.

"Peter. Don't come home yet. There are people...the...they broke in... they're armed...I don't think they found May. Please...just keep yourself and Ben safe," She warned in her panicked whisper. Then I heard some footsteps coming closer to the phone. Then suddenly the line went dead. My mind went blank, my heart practically stopped, and uncle Ben noticed. His laughter stopped, turning into the familiar fatherly concern that had kept me grounded for years.

"Kiddo? What's wrong? What did you mom call about?" He asked, trying to get the information out of me. I put my phone into my pocket and slowly turned towards uncle Ben.

"Mom...aunt May... they're in danger. We need to go save them right now!" I said, forcing the words out. The words almost wrenching tears out of me simultaneously. Uncle Ben nodded and we both quickly went to uncle Ben's truck and we practically floored it home. There was a black van in front of the house, that uncle Ben sped up faster so that the truck slammed the van and flipped it over from the impact. The truck's airbags went off, protecting me and uncle Ben from major injury.

I immediately checked if uncle Ben was alright, he was mostly fine. He had a few bruises forming but nothing immediately fatal.

"Go! See if your mom and May are okay! I'll call the police!" Uncle Ben instructed. I got out of the truck, running into the house and immediately searching for the rest of my family in the house. I heard a scream from upstairs and determined that it was from my mom's room.

I ran up the stairs and kicked the door in, my strength kicking in and the door practically exploding into splinters. I ran in and could only see the bloody sight in front of me, illuminated only by the flickering light in the bedroom. My mom had been stabbed multiple times, her clothes disoriented and torn open. The worst of sensory information filled my mind as the pang of electricity tore through my head from behind, my body reacting within a split second of the shock resolving. Ducking down and shooting my leg out behind me, feeling the crunch of a man's femur shattering from the force of my kick.

"Shit! Motherfucker!" The intruder yelled as he fell back and to the floor, holding his now broken leg. The bone jutting out of his leg, piercing through flesh, skin and clothing. I turned around, leaping forward and driving my knee into the guy's face. Feeling multiple parts of his skull cave in like foam from the impact of my strike. His blood splattering against the wall, the man going limp immediately. I heard another set of movement from downstairs, leaping up onto the wall and crawling into the ceiling quickly. Another man with an assault rifle ran up, saw the smash burger that was now his friend's skull and freaked out. Looking around frantically, probably expecting Homelander or one of the Seven to smash through the ceiling. He pointed his gun at the ceiling, seeing me clinging to the ceiling.

He screamed in terror, opening fire on me. I dropped down, wrapping my arms around his neck from behind. Hooking my arm around his neck and swinging my legs around, drilling the other man's head directly into the floor. Feeling the wood crack and give way, leaving a bloody hole in the floor. I picked the guy up, raising him over my head and slammed him through the banister and stair railing. Impaling him on one of the balusters. A gunshot from outside, uncle Ben...no!

I wasn't thinking straight, I was in a frenzy. These men, these bastards are taking away everyone dear to me. I'm not letting them get away with this. I leapt out the window, seeing uncle Ben's truck drive away. With Uncle Ben left on the floor, his head blown off. Looking towards the truck, I slowly walked over to a street lamp post. Grabbing it with one hand, flexing my arm upwards. Hysterical strength kicking in, adrenaline pumping through my veins. My strength surging to the absolute pinnacle that a person could access.

The light pole being ripped from the ground. I wind back and immediately throw the light pole as if it were nothing more but a javelin. The truck was destroyed, the fucker who killed uncle Ben still alive. He got out of the truck and ran, freaked out by the display of strength. By now, police had started arriving. Some of them trying to shoot at me, the bullets impacting my skin and shattering. I ran towards the nearest manhole cover, smashing my hand into the ground and flinging it like a frisbee. Rage fueling the throw, my body putting it's all into the throw. Nearly 150 tons of strength throwing a 250 pound cast iron manhole. The man was practically cut in half on impact. More bullets were hitting my skin, as I ran and picked up wjay was left of uncle Ben's truck and threw it at the officers. Obscuring them enough for me to burst into a sprint, climbing and leaping around roofs and houses and fences to try and find a place to hide so I can calm down.

The worst part about it all? Not one...not even a single...superhero showed up to help. The ones who are supposed to save everybody did nothing. Where were they? Were they all too preoccupied with other crimes? They had to be busy, otherwise they just ignored someone in need.