Prologue

"Hey, Tori!" Someone yelled from across the hall, pulling my attention away from the conversation I'd previously been a part of. I turned my head, searching for the source of the noise. Upon doing so, I spotted an extremely handsome young man approaching. I turned back to my group, eyes wide and panicked. "Tori." He called once again, this time a lot quieter since he was standing merely a few feet away. The whole group stopped their conversation, eyeing him expectantly.

"Hey." I greeted in return, though I had no idea who this incredibly good-looking boy was. He stopped once he was close enough, running a hand through his dark hair and gazing down at me with the bluest eyes I'd ever seen.

"Uh, I don't know if you noticed me today, but I'm Charlie. I'm new - I was actually sitting at the back of your vocal class earlier." He informed me, to which I nodded, pretending I had noticed the boy. I hadn't - I would never forget a boy this cute. "I just wanted to say that I think your voice is incredible."

My eyes practically fell out of my skull at that point. Attractive and kind? There's no way this is real. "Really? Thank you, that's so nice." I replied, blushing slightly at the compliment. He was wearing black jeans and a dark grey hoodie. He was skinny and tall, but I could tell he was also in good shape. He's everything I should want in a man.

"Yeah, I really thought you were great." He added, smiling so perfectly. I felt small under his gaze and was unable to decide whether or not it was a good feeling. "And I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out sometime?" He asked, confidently. Every bit of air in my lungs practically flew out of my mouth and I stood, frozen, for a moment.

"Tori!" Cat whisper-yelled, her excited voice pulling me out of my trance. "Say yes to the pretty man." She giggled, jabbing her finger into my ribs. I realised all my friends were watching me.

I gulped, attempting to compose myself and finally managed to give him a small nod. It wasn't even really a decision. He just asked me and I just said yes. My stomach was full of butterflies, more nervous than excited. "Uh, s-sure, yeah." I replied, stuttering over my words and making a fool of myself. He just chuckled at my panicked answer, nodding his head.

"Great." He enthused, biting his lip. "You free tonight?" He asked, forwardly. I opened my mouth to speak and nothing came out once again. I was in shock.

"Yeah, I am." I finally managed to squeak out, tucking my hair behind my ear as a nervous habit.

"Dope. You wanna head out straight after school?" He suggested, to which I simply just nodded. I felt so nervous that it was practically fear and I wanted to throw up. Either way, I wasn't about to tell him that. "Alright. I'll see you later then." He smirked, walking backwards as he stared at me. Eventually, he turned around and I lost sight of him as he turned the corner.

"Oh my god! Tori!" Cat practically screamed, slapping her hands against my back. I spun around, squealing at the weird sensation. The red-head just giggled, wiggling her hands like an excited child. "He just asked you out!" She reminded me, my stomach sinking.

I watched Jade roll her eyes from behind our friend and furrowed my eyebrows. "Hey, that's great. Right?" Beck congratulated, supportively patting me on my back. I nodded, though my stomach still felt off. Maybe I'd eaten something bad.

The group all began talking about how exciting it was, minus Jade, and I stared down at the ground. Why was I feeling so sick all of a sudden? It had to nerves, right? I wondered if maybe I should cancel, but then the thought of trying to let him know I wouldn't make it only made the sickening feeling worse.

"What's wrong, Tori?" Jade sang, rather sarcastically. I knew she didn't actually care. "Feeling a little... conflicted?" She questioned, causing me to furrow my eyebrows once again. "Bent on an answer, maybe?" She smirked, putting emphasis on the word bent and raising one of her perfectly manicured eyebrows. Everyone in the group looked between the two of us questioningly, but not even I knew what was happening right now.