{Pt. 1} Out of Your Mouth

The next day, I was sliding my books into my locker when I felt someone gently hold my hips and kiss my cheek. I spun around very quickly, met with the same blue eyes I'd spent all of yesterday evening with. "Hey, Charlie." I greeted the boy, clutching my books that were now slipping from my hands.

"Let me get those." He mumbled, carefully pulling the books into his arms and then loading them into my locker.

"Thank you." I sighed, closing my locker once he was done. I wasn't sure if I was in the mood for conversing with him so early in a morning, but he was kind and nice to have around.

"So, uh, you wanna hang out again tonight?" He suggested, leaning against the lockers just a few inches from my face. I involuntarily stepped back, trying not to make it obvious. "You can decide what we do since it was my idea to get Nozu yesterday." He assured me, causing me to smile.

"I'm sorry, my friends are actually coming over today. We have game night every Thursday." I explained, not actually feeling all that upset about it. He was nice, but I loved spending time with my friends and the chance of anything ruining or changing that just didn't sit right with me.

"Oh, that's okay. Maybe Friday?" He switched, raising his eyebrow's questioningly. His smile was hopeful and I didn't want to let him down. It wasn't that I didn't like him, because I did. He was so sweet and gentle, but something about it just didn't feel right. Maybe I just needed to give it more time.

"Yeah, Friday sounds great." I agreed, feeling guilty for not giving him more of a chance. He was extremely handsome and if I had spotted him at the back of my class, I totally would have fangirled over him for the entire year. I don't know why him actually paying attention to me just make me feel so icky.

"Hey, Tori!" Cat suddenly screamed in my ear, causing me to yell and jump away from her. She laughed in the same infectious way she always had and I hit the side of my face as if that would bring back my ability to hear. The whole group had just arrived and all of them joined in the laughter.

After a while, I recovered and saw that they were all looking at me expectantly. "Charlie, these are my friends." I introduced. "Guys, this is Charlie." I finished, motioning towards them as I spoke.

Beck stepped forwards first, holding out his hand for the man to shake. "Beck." He introduced himself, as Charlie accepted the greeting and shook his hand.

Cat giggled like a school girl in love, swaying side to side. "I'm Cat." She told him, twirling her hair around her finger.

"I'm Robbie... and this is Rex." Robbie greeted, holding up his puppet to show who he was referring to. The puppet turned around to face Robbie, saying something along the lines of "You should be ashamed of yourself." Robbie just looked down, as usual, submitting himself to Rex's rude words.

"Hey, I'm Andre." Andre greeted, also shaking the boy's hand politely.

Everyone looked to Jade expectantly, but I knew her better than to think she'd care enough about him to introduce herself. "You must be Jade." Charlie acknowledged, causing the raven-haired girl to raise an eyebrow in question. "Tori's told me a lot about you." He blurted out, causing me to turn to him in shock.

"Oh, did she?" Jade laughed, stepping forwards. "You know, I have a few things to tell you about Tori." She began, causing my heart to drop. As she tried to approach him, Beck slipped his arm around her front and pulled her into him.

"No, you don't." He practically sang, holding her close in a way that made me want to vomit. She snarled into his chest, clearly not happy about being restrained.

"Oh, I really do." She corrected, not fighting him too much on the hold.

"She doesn't." Beck conflicted, shaking his head assuringly. Charlie looked on with confusion and I just smiled, awkwardly.