{Pt. 2} Game Night

"Tori, you okay?" Andre asked, standing beside me as I sat on the sofa. I finally looked up from the spot on the ground that had previously fallen victim to my stare. His eyes seemed to be trying to read my face, though he clearly didn't find whatever he had been looking for.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I muttered, unsure. The moment I'd shared with Jade earlier was still fresh in my mind and it absolutely refused to leave me. All I could think about was the way she felt against me. The way her lips brushed so softly across my own. She almost kissed me and that wasn't even the only part I was hung up on. I was hung up on the fact that I couldn't even lie and say I would have stopped her. I wanted her to kiss me. In fact, every single fibre of my being had begged me to close the gap between us.

I ran a hand through my hair, truly feeling like this just wasn't something I could talk to Andre about. I could usually go to him with anything that was on my mind, but it just felt right to keep this between Jade and I. "You sure?" He pressed, gently placing his hand on the top of my back.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Just tired." I assured him, finally standing to my feet and doing my best to push everything that I was feeling away. It was a pretty pointless effort when the door swung open a moment later and in walked the subject of my thoughts - alongside her boyfriend.

Her eyes locked with mine and almost immediately, a smirk graced her beautiful features. My jaw fell slack at the same time my mind fell blank. I felt myself begin to sweat as I took a deep breath.

"Hey, guys." Beck greeted, his hand in Jade's as he tugged her over to our usual game table and greeted everyone. I gulped, in an attempt to soothe my dry throat and followed them without a word.

She addressed me before I'd even sat down. "Where's Charlie boy? Dumped you already? Can't say I'm surprised." She teased, crossing her arms over her chest as her head titled slightly. Strands of hair that had been resting on her shoulders spilled over the edge, cascading down her arms. I found myself fascinated by that for some reason.

"No, he did not dump me." I finally managed to get out, in a relatively defensive tone. How could she go from doing what she did in the janitor's closet to this? She was acting as if nothing had happened and that left me utterly confused.

"Then where is he?" She asked, refusing to give up.

"I didn't invite him." I answered, leaning forwards and beginning to set up the game that everyone was here for.

"That's unlike you." She challenged, causing my brown eyes to flicker up to her blue/green ones. There was something there. Something I couldn't quite decipher.

"Is it? Or do you just not know me that well?" I shot back, fed up of feeling confused. I'd been confused about Jade since the very first day I met her and this was definitely not helping. For once, I just wanted some clarity. I wanted my life to feel normal again. Though, I couldn't say I wished I'd never met her, because that wouldn't be true.

She leaned forward, clearly trying to intimidate me. It wasn't working. Jade always believed she had some sort of control over me through fear and she was wrong. I was intimidated by her because she was different and I liked her in a way I'd never truly understood before. "I know everything about you, Tori Vega." She told me, the way she spoke my name causing goosebumps to rise across my skin. The scary part was that I actually believed her.

I stared her down for a moment, my jaw clenched as I tried to figure her out. What did she want from me?

"Are we ordering pizza tonight?" Robbie asked, pulling my attention away from the beautiful girl. I gulped, settling back down in my seat. I could be paranoid about everyone knowing something was different between Jade and I, but I realised this was normal to them by now. They were completely unphased by the way we acted around each other. "Because I'm actually feeling a little dizzy."