beast

It started when I was four. I had found a kitten behind my shed. Dad had wanted me to get rid of him but I couldn't. He was so small. He had the cutest little Blue flames on his ears. He was a feisty little thing and I got bitten more often then I would like to admit. However it wasn't long until he became my best friend. He followed me everywhere. I found he was a beast. Dad was less then thrilled however he didn't make me get ride of him either. I named him Grim. After the Brothers Grim books.

Sense that day I had found it easy to make friends with animals. They were easier to understand then people were. Cats, Dogs, Pretty birds. I even had a friend who was a bear! Dad worried for me. I could see it in his eyes every time I felt our small home. We lived in the woods in the Land of Dawning. We didn't go into town much and While we did have Electronics there was only the basic necessities. Mages were not born in our small home.

It was a shock to wake in Night Raven College. A pleasant shock but a short. Right before waking up I remember the Screams as a Fire had taken over our Forest. Dad had yelled at me to run to the sea. I had a potion in my pocket so that I could breath under water once I reached the Coral sea. Dad had not followed and by the time I realized it was to late. The fire had spread. I remember a sound of a Horse. a Pulling feeling and the sound of Grim on my shoulder yelling about being grabbed. Then I woke in the Coffin of Night Raven's portal.

It had been a shock to wake there. It had been even more of a shock to get to stay. The mirror had said I did not have magic. This I knew however Grim did. Grim had been excited to be here. It had truly been an accident. Grim had been so excited he accidentally set a drape on fire. It had caused quite the commotion and well I ended up being punished for it. Grim had apologized to me but it didn't mater. I only had to clean the place before being sent home. Nothing overly upsetting. The headmaster said I could clean the Mirror room after a good nights sleep thankfully. He allowed us to stay in a Manor that the College had used before as a dorm. I later found out why it wasn't anymore.

Three ghosts had lived there! This had been a shock but after talking to them for a short while I learned they were not all bad. They were just lonely. I could understand that. Even with all my animal friends I had been lonely two. There was only so much I could do and while they were great listeners They could not fill that hole in my heart to make friends. But people were scary and It was hard to talk with them.

The only reason I could talk to the head master and later my friends was that I had Grim with me. Grim made me feel brave. He let me hold him in my arms when I was upset. He let me pet his head when I needed a boast of confidence.

I had made friends and we went on a little adventure. Ace had been talking to us in the mirror chamber. Making fun of us for causing so much Trouble. Grim had gotten defensive and he ended up Burning an artifact! Ace had been fighting him and when the Headmaster found out we all were punished. Forced to clean one Hundred windows. Even when we went to do it and Ace didn't we tried to finish before finding Ace. It wasn't hard. We just asked a painting in his class.

Finding Ace Grim chased after him. We got a boy by the name of Deuce to help by summoning a Cauldron! of course this only ended in disaster when Grim went to head back to the Dorm. We had finished our windows after all but Ace didn't see it that way and forced Deuce to help him chase after Grim! Grim wasn't to pleased when Ace called me a Useless Dead Weight and so gave him a chase for his life. He climbed onto a chandelier in the Cafeteria! Deuce thinking he was helping through Ace to get him. and he did, With the Chandelier along with him.

The Headmaster walked in right when it went CRASH! and we all once again got into trouble. Fixing it was easy. We went to the Dwarf mines. it was fine with the ghosts however then the Monster came out. It was like a lost soul! I felt my heart ack for it. Even as we had to destroy it I felt my self tear at how it had lost its way.