Chapter 1 Into the Woods

I quietly hummed the Tiger Fist theme song as Mabel and I wandered quietly through the forest. Strange sounds echoed through the unknown part of the woods and my stomach's grumbling for food joined them.

"Dipper, I'm hungry! And tired! And my feet hurt!" Mabel whined.

"Yeah, yeah. So am I. But we can't rest! We've been on the trail of the fish man for hours and we can't lose it!" I rolled my eyes. Mabel rolled hers right back.

"Can we just take a couple minutes? Please?" She asked pointedly.

"Fine." I plopped down onto a small log with mushrooms on it.

"Hey, we could eat one!" Mabel smiled. "Or more."

"But they might be poisonous..." I told her, but she whimpered, and I sighed. "Fine, I'll try one, but if I die you can't deny it's your fault."

Mabel grinned. "Yay!"

I plucked one and took a small bite of the golden brown mushroom, swallowed a bit, and spat the rest out.

"Ew! Tastes horrible. If I die it's your fault." I muttered in disgust.

"Whatever." Mabel shrugged, smiling giddily.

I signed, then realized I could see the shack. Really?

"I see the shack. How'd we get so lost if we were right here? I didn't have to eat the stupid gross thing anyway, then. Ugh." I complained, and Mabel ran ahead, with me following.

I followed her, sighing. We reached the shack and headed in. My stomach started to hurt really bad, as did my head. I was probably poisoned. Great.

"I feel horrible. I'm going to bed. If I die, Soos gets everything and you go to jail for murder." I grumbled, heading up the stairs.

"Stop being so over dramatic, Dipper!" Mabel called up. "You won't die!"

I rolled my eyes and walked up into our room, took of my vest, hat, and shoes, and fell into bed.

And little did I know, Mabel was right. I wouldn't die.

But the mushroom wouldn't leave me unharmed either.

((Redux!
The old one became crap so here
Enjoy it))