Chapter 2 Her

I woke up and yawned. I was about to get up when something pushed me back down. It was Mabel.

"Shush. Keep your eyes closed. Don't talk. Just rest." She whispered.

I was about to ask why, but she put a finger on my mouth as soon as I opened it. So I listened and kept quiet and didn't open my eyes.

"Stan! Dipper's up!" Mabel called downstairs. I could hear the stairs and floorboards creaking as Stan came up.

"How's...um, he doing?" Stan put a lot of emphasis on 'he', which I found rather suspicious. But I didn't put much thought to it.

What I did put thought to was that everything hurt. And, disobeying Mabel, I made sure that was known.

"Everything hurts." I mumbled, then realized something was off with my voice. Probably just tired.

"Told you not to talk, silly." Mabel said, and I could practically feel her rolling her eyes. She called to Stan, "Come in! See for yourself!"

I could hear the door opening and the creaking of floorboards where Stan was stepping. I could hear him sitting down on Mabel's bed.

"Mmhmm. Good, I see." He noted.

"Psh, yeah! Good as could be!" Mabel announced.

"In this situation, yeah. I guess so." Stan replied.

"In what situation?" I asked, and decided at that point the thing up with my voice was not being tired as I was very much awake at this point.

"Oh." Stan said, and I guessed he noticed my voice too. "Why did I not see that coming?"

"Why would you see it coming?" I asked, really confused at this point about why my voice was so...high.

"I don't know how to break this to you, Dip..." Mabel started, and Stan laughed.

"'I don't know how to break it to you'? Hand 'er a mirror, Mabel." He replied smartly.

"Stan." Mabel seemed to scold him...but for what? What had he said?

I ran it over. Hand 'er a mirror. Hand 'er a mirror. Hand 'er a...

Oh.

No. No no no. This was not happening.

"I'm dreaming." I said, but evidence was piling up against that. Oh no. This was so not happening.

"You wish!" Mabel said. "But nope. We've been pinching ourselves a lot!"

"I have a permanent scar on my arm." Stan added.

I didn't want to open my eyes. I didn't want the true proof this was real. But I knew living with my eyes closed would be extremely hard. So I opened them. I was staring at the ceiling. Okay, no proof yet. Just sit up and prove to yourself this isn't real. C'mon Dipper. It's not that hard.

"If I scream, please knock me out." I said.

"Nope!" Mabel said, and I rolled my eyes. And I sat up.

And I did scream.

Because I was right. And for once, I did not want to be right. I really, really did not want to be right. But I was.

"Oh my god." I muttered under my breath.

I was...

I was a girl.

((Oh okay then yep who saw that coming *raises hand* obviously I did I wrote this hehe))