Chapter 9 It All Works Out In The End

My eyes fluttered open. I was back in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I guess Bill was at least considerate enough to put me back in my own bed, even if the covers underneath me were still thrown every which way.

Mabel! I needed to know if she was back safely.

I turned my head to the right and had just enough time to see that Mabel was, in fact, safely in her own bed before a wave of hair fell over my face, obscuring my vision.

But for the first time I didn't feel like destroying the world because of it. In fact, I actually smiled and laughed a little. Smiled because Mabel was back. Laughed because I just had that knack for getting into the weirdest situations.

I pushed the hair out of my face and stood up. I noticed immediately that my hair was back at the length it had been before Mabel cut it the first time. I smiled. I wasn't cutting it this time through.

I glanced at the clock. It read 12:00.

Seriously? I'd been out since 7:30!

My thoughts were interrupted by Mabel stirring.

I heard her muttering something that I could barely hear. "Why am I here? What happened?"

A smile crossed my face. "I saved you, obviously."

Mabel didn't look in my direction, but she let out a squeal. "Wait...that sounds like...Dipper? And you're...how? I thought I..."

"Made a deal with Bill and sacrificed yourself for me?" I laughed softly. "Yeah, I know. But Bill stupidly decided to give me an option to reverse that deal. And I took it, of course."

Mabel rolled over towards me and just stared a little longer. "W-why? I just wanted to help you...and I...I just..."

I walked over and say down next to her. "Hey. I get it. But I realized I can survive anything as long as you're here, and I couldn't live without you. So getting you back was the obvious choice, no matter what it took."

She sat up and smiled at me, and I smiled back.

"You know." She said after a while. "I only agreed to the deal because this was my fault in the first place and I felt like I needed to fix it."

I put my arm around her. "It doesn't matter if it's fixed, as long as you're here. Okay?"

"Okay." Mabel nodded.

"Kids!" I heard Stan calling up the stairs. "I just realized I'm supposed to check on you or something so your parents trust me to have you in my care! So I'm checking on you!"

I looked at Mabel and smiled.

"We're fine." I called back. "Just fine."

THE END

((But wait!
A sequel is coming!
GASP))