𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, time after time

Yes the chapter title is from the song "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper

Yes the chapter title is from the song "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper. I picked that song for a reason :D

Here's the Sukuna x Mizuhime content I know you guys have been waiting for. I got SO excited writing this chapter 🥳

MIZUHIME STARED IDLY IN THE mirror of the fitting room. She was donning on a blue floral halter dress that she was planning to buy but her mind was too far away to really feel any excitement.

After that disastrous first meeting with Itadori Yuji and the King of Curses residing inside of him, Sukuna, Gojo was quick to sweep her away from the campus and take her to another one of his spontaneous shopping trips.

Sukuna... surprisingly wasn't as terrifying as she thought he would be. Her friend told her all kinds of things about him—how he was evil, wicked, and corrupt and had a kill count that could probably reach the millions. Her meeting with him was almost comical aside from the last part where he threatened her teacher. She just didn't feel... as scared as she probably should've been.

Maybe it was because he was essentially harmless, being stuck in the body of a fifteen year old boy and all. The fact that the only way he could communicate with her was by manifesting a mouth on Yuji's cheek made him even less scary. Plus, he groped her and called her melons. Which was very rude of him!

She huffed in indignation. Just forget about him, she told herself, focusing her attention back to the dress that was still unzipped. She felt around her back for the zipper, only to stiffen when a familiar person warped into the room.

"Need help?" Gojo, now donning a pair of darkly tinted glasses instead of his blindfold, grinned cheekily.

She jumped away from him. "Sen—"

"—Satoru," he corrected, taking a hold of the zipper and carefully dragging it upwards. She could feel his fingertips lightly traveling over her skin and suppressed a shiver.

When it zipped all the way up, she expected him to step back and give her more space.

He didn't.

"You're so pretty," he hummed in approval, eyes taking in the view on the mirror appreciatively. He stepped closer so that her back would be pressed against his front and wrapped his arms around her from behind. "It looks good on you. I'll buy this one too."

She had long since stopped telling him that it was unnecessary to buy her things; she was rich too after all. Her family definitely wasn't as affluent as the Gojo Clan, but generational wealth definitely gave hers a good boost. Gojo always told her that it was okay, that he was doing this because he wanted to treat his 'favorite student' so there was nothing for her to worry about.

Admittedly, it made her feel special, but the sense of wrongness didn't go unnoticed. It got worse ever since she started dating Yuta, it just didn't feel right to have Gojo buy her all of these things. It seemed too intimate. It didn't help that he behaved so affectionately too, as if he was her boyfriend.