𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, force of nature

I SQUISHED SO MUCH IN THIS CHAPTER AKEFJHSRG I was originally planning to do two chapters before starting the Kyoto Arc, but I was like "fuck that, I wanna get to that arc right now" so yeah 🥲

THE LAST THING MIZUHIME REMEMBERED was drowning, so when she realized she was underwater again, she absolutely freaked out.

It was irrational, she knew that. She wasn't Shisui anymore, she was Mizuhime now and Mizuhime had the power to breathe underwater, to control water.

She could feel the air filling her lungs, not water, but she still couldn't help but panic, limbs flailing as she sunk down to the bottom.

Suddenly, she became vaguely aware of a pair of hands grabbing her and hauling her back up to the surface.

"Senpai!" The owner of the hands rasped as they broke out of the water. "Senpai, are you okay?!"

Mizuhime couldn't answer him. The surface wasn't any better than underwater, in fact, it was like going from one nightmare to another.

Harsh water sprayed her on the face, stinging her skin. It was raining—no, not raining, storming. It had been sunny and bright when she and Sukuna got here, but everything had suddenly changed. The skies were a dark blue, rain was pelting them, and the wind—god the wind—was whipping past them so powerfully Mizuhime almost felt like it might pick her up and send her flying.

"Watch out!" Yuji yelled, holding her close to him as the currents swept them across the river and right into a cormorant fishing boat that had been toppled over.

Mizuhime seized up in fear, a flashback of hitting the rocks entering her mind. Yuji shielded her as best as he could, taking the brunt of the hit. Fortunately, it didn't seem to phase him all that much.

"Shit, shit, shit!" He cursed as the rain continued to pelt at them and the waters continued to slam them around.

That was when she realized that the weird storm wasn't the only thing they needed to worry about. Everywhere she looked, there was a disaster. Trees were falling over, fishermen were desperately trying to not to fall off their boats, and outside the river, she could see buildings get demolished, unable to withstand the harsh wind.

This was a typhoon.

What was going on? Everything had been going so well, so why were they suddenly in the middle of a typhoon*?!

"Senpai!" Yuji struggled to say as they continued to get swept up by the river. "Can't you get us out of here?!"

Mizuhime concentrated, trying to control the water into calming down or at least spit them back out to land, but nothing was happening. All she felt was pure exhaustion, as if all of her cursed energy had been depleted.

"I-I can't!" She panicked.

Sukuna manifested on his cheek. "Brat, let me take over!"

"No!" Yuji snapped.