chapter 2

At school, next day

"Bye auntie Ming!" I said, before closing the temple doors and rushing off with Mei. "I think we have English together.." Mei said. "And if you took choir, we would be together." I shrugged. "I'm fine with any schedule, as long as we gave lunch together!"

Mei smiled. "You will fit in great at my school." She hugged me before rushing into the school. I sighed. "I can do thi-" I felt a brush against my shoulder. "Are you new or something?" The 'thing' that brushed me on the shoulder was a boy.

A really, Really cute one actually. "Uh- yea. I'm Y/n, Mei-Mei's cousin." I scratched the back of my neck. I really hoped I wasn't red. "Oh, Mei? That dork? Hope you aren't as nerd as her, cause your like really pre-" the bell stopped him. He ran off. "Bye, Y/n!" He said.

My face was so red, and I walked the whole way to class thinking about him. When I got in class, the teacher had me introduce myself. "Hey, im Mei-Mei's cousin, Y/n! I like 4town, and drawing." I smiled, and many people smiled back at me.

"OK then," the teacher yawned. "Go sit by..." he scanned the room. "Tyler." Tyler waved his hand. "Hey dorkface." He whispered. I giggled. "Oh, shut up!" He laughed, and then turned away from me, writing something on his hand.

I didn't bother to look, though. When math ended, I went to English. Turns out i had English with Abby, and I got to know about her. Her family was really nice, and she invited me and mei to hang out on the weekend at her house.

Of course I said yes, and just like that the bell rang and it was time for lunch. I looked around the lunch room, and tyler called me over to one of the tables. "Hey Y/n!" He smiled. "You saved me a seat? How kind." I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

I never realized how pretty his eyes were, or that he had braces. "What are you staring at?" He asked, chuckling a bit.

His friends came over to the table and he introduced me to them. One of them was number 12 on the basketball team. They all seemed cool.

When I went to recces, Mei and Miriam couldn't stop questioning me about why I sat by tyler. "No reason!" I told them. They were whispering and elbowing each other. My face was probably RED! I went inside, to get my tomogachi, Aaron .Z Jr, and when I was on my way, I saw Tyler!

"Hey tyler." I said tapping his shoulder. He looked at me. "Oh hey Y/n, glad your here, I needed to ask you something." His face was red. "What is it?" I fiddled with the tomogachi in my hand. "So uh- want to go to the gas station with me later tonight? We could like, hang out?" I was SO exited!

"OF COURSE- I mean, yea! That would be cool, I'll see you tonight then?" Tyler smiled. "Yea, meet me at 6:00." I skipped away, suddenly filled with excitement! The rest of the day was a blur, and before i knew it was the end of the school day!

"Hey- Y/n!" Mei-Mei grabbed my arm. "Yea, what's up?" Mei put her hand on my shoulder. "I heard a rumor-" she paused. "That you were going out with Tyler tonight, is that true?" Mei looked mad, but also.. another emotion i couldn't read.

I decided to tell the truth, Mei-Mei was my sister/cousin after all. "Yes. Im going 'out' with Tyler tonight, just to the gas station though." Mei jumped with joy, "Omg! First day here and you already have a boyyfrieeenddd~" 8 covered her mouth with my hand, almost strangling her.

"He's just a friend-" I said. "And I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like me." Miriam and Priya walked up behind Mei. "He asked YOU out right? He's into you girl." Miriam said. I crossed my arms. "Is not, he's really cute though..." Mei laughed. "OOOO! Someone has a-" I covered her mouth again. "Seriously, Mei!" I laughed.

"Bye guys!" Mei said to Miriam and Priya. Me and Mei got on the bus to Aunt Mings, and she couldn't stop talking about me and Tyler. "Y/n and Tyler, sitting in a tree-" I pushed her shoulder playfully. "Stooopp!" I blushed. "Well, I hope you have a good date." She said, getting off the bus. I followed behind her. "Yea, I hope." I muttered