chapter 1

I couldn't wait till I got to Aunt Ming's house

My mom couldn't take care of me anymore, so she sent me with aunt ming, who luckily, was able to take care of me.

I was so exited to see cousin Mei-Mei, she was 13 now, the same age as me!

"Dear," my grandma said. Pushing her glasses onto her nose. "Make sure treat your Aunt good, she loves you sweetie."

I tilted my head, then shrugged. "OK grandma," I went on my phone to text Mei. "Hey Mei! We are almost in Toronto, Miss you, xoxo" I sent it, then fell asleep.

At Mei-Mei's place

When I woke up, we were getting off the plane.

"Come on, sweetheart." My grandma lifted up my hand. I stretched out my legs and brushed my hair out of my face. "OK grandma.." I yawned.

When i got up, me and grandma got our bags, and were on our was to Aunt Ming's! I couldn't wait.

"On our way there, about 3 mins!" I texted Aunt Ming, And Mei-Mei." Mei quickly responded, "OK! Can't wait, we will have your bed set up when you get here."

A goofy smile appeared on my face. I couldn't wait until I got there, to see Aunt Ming, and Mei, Mei had told me all about her friends and her school over text, and I couldn't wait!

Apparently, she had 3 friends, Priya, Abby, And Miriam. They all sounded cool, but there was one boy that she told me about too. His name was Tyler, and he bullies her. She doesn't really like him.

We finally arrived at the temple, and when I saw Mei, I hugged her immediately. "Y/n!" Mei exclaimed. "I couldn't wait for you, come on, I'll show you my room!" We went into Mei-Mei's room, and she had a bunk bed set up for me!

"You can have the top bunk!" She said. I sat down my bags. "Cool! Thank you so much, Mei." I hugged her. "Anything for family," Mei said. "I know what your going through."

Mei showed me around the temple, then around the house. "So, wanna meet my friends? My mom will probably make a accepting for tonight."

I shrugged. "Whatever you want to! It's a blessing to even be here." I looked around Mei-Mei's room, and started putting down my stuff on my bed and in the closet. I hung up my poster of Aaron .Z beside my bed on the wall, and put a shelf with my clock and journal.

Then I decided to change my clothes. I changed into some Grey sweats and a white Hoodie, with my thick rimmed glasses on. "Hey- Y/n?" Asked Aunt Ming. "Did you get settled in nicely?" She asked, hugging me. "Yes, auntie Ming. I said, hugging her back.

"Mei-Mei is going to show you her friends, but it's OK if you don't want them-" I interupted her. "No-no- it's OK auntie Ming." I assured her. "She smiled sympathetically. "OK sweetie, love you." She said. "You to." I told her, putting my favorite blanket on my bed.

A couple minutes later, Mei came in with her friends. One of them was dressed in all yellow, she looked pretty emo... the other girl was short, and dressed in pink. I was pretty sure she was Abby, because she had a bracelet that said Abby. She looked aggressive too. The last one was wearing all green, and had braces. She looked cool.

"Hi!" I said nervously. "Hey!" The green one said. "I'm miriam." She smiled, with her braced teeth showing. "Yoooooo...." said the yellow one. She had a pretty dark voice. "I'm priyaaaa." I smiled at her. The other one practically yelled, "HI! IM ABBY! MEI NEVER TOLD ME SHE HAD COUSINS!"

Mei covered Abbies mouth. I giggled. "It's OK Mei, Im sorta tired tho, I'm going to sleep, goodnight."

Mei smiled at me. "OK cuz, goodnight." She whispered with her friends, then left me alone in the room. I took out my ipod, and listened to some music, but ended up falling asleep.