CHAPTER 20

“—The current Countess of Rieda will also be attending… As a representative of the Southern Temple of the Eastern Continent.”

“Oh.”

Ronée’s eyes widened.

At that moment, memories started to flood her mind.

It was something she wanted to forget, the memories she buried under the beauty and security of the Western Continent.

‘Cursed girl!’

The memory of the Countess screaming with scornful eyes and a ghastly face every time she saw Ronée surfaced.

Each time the Countess would run into her, she would relentlessly attack Ronée with her magic.

What if… What if she uses magic again this time?

She recalled the faces of the innocent maids who stayed by her side and were struck by lightning and fire magic.

“… …”

She opened her mouth slightly.

She felt as if she was running away. And the Countess, who knew that, is coming all the way to the West to bring her back.

Ronée knew the Countess was from one of the temples, but she never thought that she would see her again unless she went back to the Eastern Continent.

“Sister.”

Nabel covered her eyes to distract her from her other thoughts for a moment.

As he hugged her from behind, he whispered in a very soft voice.

“Don’t be anxious. She wouldn’t dare harm the owner of the Shinsu.”

He held Ronée’s cold hand tightly.

“This is the Western Continent. And remember who you have standing next to you.”

The one with the strongest power in the West was standing at her side.

“I will do whatever my sister asks me to do.”

He clasped his fingers tightly in her hand.

“For you, I can become a tyrant who starts a war with the East. So…” Nabel said, placing their interlaced hands on his pounding chest.

“Don’t be afraid of such weak things that will die at your command.”

Ronée moved her head very slowly in a nodding motion.

The memories of the past pouring out like a flood had her frozen.

Nabel kissed her cheek as he gazed upon her softly.

Rustle.

In the quiet garden, the sound resonated in the surroundings.

Surprised, Ronée turned toward the sound.

“Sir Nesha is here.”

‘There is someone else here with us!’

When Ronée spoke with a blushing face, Nabel grinned.

“This is a greeting in the West. This is how we say ‘Hello’.”

When Ronée tension seemed to ease, he kissed her cheek again.

“Isn’t that right, Nesha?”

“…That’s right,” Nesha said in a heavy voice.

Throughout his entire life on the Western Continent, he had never heard of such a greeting.