Chapter 1

It was seven o'clock in the morning in early September of 1983, your first day at a new school and as a freshman. Great. You, your mother, father and younger brother moved here to Hurricane a week ago. The house isn't big nor too small it was just right for our family of 4.
You got the second biggest bedroom in the house which was great since in our last home you had to share with my younger brother Harvey.

Your room was coloured a light blue with white framings on the top and the bottom of the walls. You decorated the bland walls with photo frames of your old friends from your old school back in Florida. Next to my door sits a large wooden wardrobe that has put all your clothes in it and resting on it were the collection of stuffed animals that you loved.

The bed is in the left corner of my room beneath the window, every morning you wake up & get blinded by the sun because you had a habit of leaving the blinds open. The bed has a lovely white cotton quilt with light blue pillows that match the colour of the walls. Above my pillows the bed frame sections out and twists into beautiful cream swirls, little blue metal flowers run along the swirls creating a graceful looking headboard. A white bedside table sits bedside the bed, it has a bunch of things crammed onto it pencils, a telephone, alarm and new school books. The room wasn't the best compared to other teenage girl rooms but you loved it so much you considered it perfect.

The alarm went off a few minutes ago, you were still laying in my bed groaning because you were so cozy and warm, snuggled into the quilt.
"Wake up sleepyhead!" Your Mother called out as she slowly opened my door.
You whined in response, dragging your lifeless body out of bed and outside into the kitchen. You browsed the kitchen cupboards for some cereal and ended just going up with froot loops.

You finished eating breakfast and made your way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. You looked in the mirror in disgust your hair was knotty and all over the place and your eye bags were so purple and droopy that they could be seen from a mile away. Brushing your teeth and washing my face with water you went to your room to get dressed.

Scavenging through the wardrobe you found a white collared shirt, a blue sweater with purple and white triangular patterns on it and a pair of light yellow jeans. Figuring this was quite in right now and you could just do my best to try and make a good impression on your first day. You got undressed and put on the yellow jeans with the white collared shirt and sweater. You decided to pair the outfit with some white sneakers.

Standing in front of the mirror gasping, the outfit looked amazing it was just time to fix your hair. Brushing out the knots you decided to tease your hair and put it in a high pony securing it with a large yellow scrunchie that matched the colour of your jeans. Spinning around looking at yourself once again in the mirror, you believed that you have never looked this nice!

After admiring yourself for a while you walked over to the bedside table and peered at the alarm clock that read 7:35, school started in 25 minutes. You finished packing my school bag and swung it around my shoulder.
"Honey, it's time to go!" Your Mother called out.
"Coming Mom!!" You ran toward the door taking a quick look back at your bedroom before closing it shut. You made your way out past the hallway and kitchen and turned towards the front door, your Mom held it open gesturing for you to hurry up.

Running to the car in excitement and sitting in the front, your younger brother Harvey was in the back and you figured Dad must have been at work.
"Y/N! We're finally going to school! I can't wait to go play and meet some new friends!" Harvey chirped bouncing up and down in the back row of the car.
"I know! I'm very excited as well Harvs! I can't wait to meet some new friends as well!" You replied back in a cheerful tone, wiping your forehead in relief knowing he was too young to suspect your lying and to know how nervous you actually were.

Your Mom jumped in the drivers seat and turned on the ignition with they key. The car jolted forward a little cause your Mom had her foot already on the acceleration.
"Woah! Take it easy there Mom I still have 15 minutes to get to school!" You chuckled.
Mother laughed at your comment and said
"It's always better to show up to school early rather than late, especially on your first day. You know what they say better to be safe then sorry."
You giggled and nodded.

You lived on the other side of Hurricane so it took a good 10 minutes to get to school. You finally arrived and your Mom pulled into the gates where the other cars were there to drop off their children. You looked towards Mom furrowing your brows.

"Everything is going to be just fine sweetie, just have fun!" Mom reassured.
"I know, I know I'll try my best to have fun." You replied.
"That's good, well have a good day sweetheart don't forget you're walking I'll see you around 5 o'clock okay?"
"Sounds good. Bye Mom, bye Harvs." You said waving to them as I got out of the car.
"Bye Sissy, have a good day!" Harvey yelled waving his hands up and down.
"Bye Sweetheart, have a wonderful day." Your Mom said as she pulled away onto the gravel road before looking back and waving at you. Waving back you turned around looking at the school.
You gulped and took a deep breath in,
"Here we go..." You muttered as you walked forward through the doors gripping onto your school bag tightly.

( 1030 words excluding this section!
Just letting you know this is my first event story so don't forget to leave feedback and I hope you like it!
I'll try to post a chapter or few everyday!
Thanks for reading, see you soon! )