Part Seven: Blue

Turns out the blue fish was actually a betta and, yes, we ended up buying it.

"You're fucking weird," he chuckled. From the corner of my eye, I saw him glanced at me before focusing on the road again.

"You're fucking weird for letting me get this," I protested, hitting him playfully in the arm. I looked back at the fish, smiling, "don't listen to daddy. He loves you."

"What?" He laughed. I looked at him, pouting. His eyes were almost closed because of him laughing.

"Hey, eyes on the road," I yelled, laughing with him - or rather at him.

"Sorry," he said, trying so hard to stop laughing but eventually failling as the traffic light turned red. He looked at me, shaking his head, "what did you just said to that fish?"

"It's Jeff," I snapped. "This fish is Jeff."

"Jeff?" He laughed harder. "Babe, if I'm his dad, I ain't naming him Jeff."

"Okay, say a name till we find something we both like," I rolled my eyes.

"Mason."

"James."

"Harry."

"Not my brother," I protested. "How about..."

"Blue," we both said in unison. We looked at each other, both grinning.

"He's basically blue, you know," he chuckled, as we started moving again.

"I was thinking of Jurassic Park," I said. "That blue velociraptor."

"Yeah, nice," he agreed. "Now, we're officially Blue's parents."

"Yay," I cheered, sarcastically yet laughing. "Should we, uh, set days?"

"Oh," he chuckled. "You're serious about us being fish parents. Okay."

I giggled.

He continued, "well, Blue can stay with his mom if he wants to. I can visit. I mean, I can, right?"

"Like you said, you can put a ladder across our windows and cross each other's room," I said, winking at him as he glanced at me.

He carefully parked the car at their driveway, turning off the engine, before facing me. He smiled at me and said, "my friend's having a party tonight, wanna come?"

"Oh, you do have friends, ei?" I said sarcastically, laughing.

"Are we not?" He said in a hurt voice, yet grinning, as he opened his door.

I laughed, doing the same and hopping out of the car. "What time?"

"I'll pick you up at 7, sounds good?" He said, as he checks the shopping bag and took the mint chocolate flavoured ice cream out before handing me the whole bag. "I believe this is mine."

"Want some chips with that?" I asked, taking the bag from him before he walked towards their front door.

"I'm good. Just give it to Harry," he called, smiling at me. "See you later, princess."

"Thanks for the ride," I grinned. I jogged to our driveway and to the front door. As I was about to reach for the knob to open it, Ashton came out.

"Good, you're back," he said, smiling at me. He grabbed the shopping bag from me, pulling me inside the house and closing the door behind. "Let me help with those. Okay. Oh, tampons."

"Hey," I snapped, snatching the tampon from him. "That's mine."

He grinned at me, before checking the bag again. "Oh, that explains the chocolate chips. Why, thank you, Mikee's red days, I get to eat my favourite."