Part Nine: Nirvana

"See you later, buddy," I waved back at Harry before leaving.

After putting my earphones on, I started to make my way to my school. The sky is filled with dark and ragged clouds, my kind of weather. I like it when it's grey and windy.

"Hey," a familiar voice said, honking the horn. Calum opened the window to the passenger's seat, looking at me. His highlights were dyed in black. He smiled and waved at me, as I pulled one of my earphones out. "Need a ride, babe?"

"Um," I looked around before looking back at him. "It's just a 30 minutes walks. I'm goo---"

I was cut off as I felt a rain dropped on my cheek.

"Hurry!" Calum yelled, opening the door from inside as the rain poured.

I ran to his car, hopping in. "Damn it, I was enjoying the weather."

"Oh, you're a gloomy weather girl, I see," he chuckled. He looked at my top and said, "Do you have a backup?"

"It's okay, my skirt is not really wet," I said, groping my skirt. "Umm, I think I have my PE shirt in the locker."

"You might get sick," he said with a worry tone. He took his bag from the back and pulled out a black shirt. Handing it to me, he continued, "wear this."

"It's okay," I said, refusing. "I can change later."

"If it'll change your mind," he shook his head, smirking as he unfolded the shirt. "It's a nirvana shirt."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. "Look away."

"I've kinda seen that," he laughed, winking at me before looking to his other side. "Windows are tinted, don't worry."

I quickly took my top off and change into his shirt.

"Give me that," he said as soon as I was done changing, taking my wet shirt from me. I eyed him, as if to ask him if he looked. He laughed, "I didn't, I just know you're done changing."

"Whatever, Hood," I laughed.

He pulled out a hanger from the back then hanged it on the side. He looked back at me and winked again, smirking, before putting his hands on the steering wheel and clutch.

"Such a boy scout, ei?" I said sarcastically yet laughing.

"I'm never unprepared," he laughed.

"Your hair's all black," I pointed out. "You really do dye it, huh?"

"I spend time on it," he said proudly.

"And your glasses? Where is it?" I asked, giggling.

"That," he laughed. "You'll see that when we get there."

"Can't wait," I laughed.

"So," he turned left and from a distance I can already see our school. Within a few minutes, he parked the car and we were at the school parking. He turned off the engine and looked at me. "You drive?"

"I do," I shrugged. "But mom's using the car and she's always at the hospital. Ashton always uses his."

"You can ride with me to school, I don't mind," he simply said, focusing on the road.

"Um," I started, looking around before locking eyes with him.

As if he understood me, he smiled and said, "I don't mind them."

With one last look, he opened his door and run to my side with an umbrella on his hand.

"Let's go," he held his hand to me which I took, getting out of the car. We ran to the entrance, hand in hand, laughing as the water splashes.

"People are looking at us," I said, looking around, as I drop his hand. "Why are they looking at us?"

He chuckled, "I'm a weirdo, remember? I'll never know. See you later."

He winked at me, before jogging ahead, leaving me behind.

"Did you just got out of his car?" Jade asked, standing beside me, looking at him.

"Sup?" I greeted her, walking to my locker.

"You didn't answered my question," she glared at me. "You friends with him?"

"I think so," I said, opening the locker. I took out my Literature book and closed it, before looking at her. She was leaning on the locker beside mine. "We're neighbours."

"No way," she said, her eyes were  widening in surprise.

"Way," I chuckled, pulling her to our first class.

Calum was already in the room when we arrived. He was sat at the corner like he said. He just looked at me when I entered the room before looking back outside.

"Okay," I said in a low voice, heading to my sit.

As I sat down, I've noticed people looking from me to Calum and whispering to one another. They only stopped when Mr. Horan entered the room to begin our class.

I would glance at Calum from time to time, but he just kept looking outside.

At lunch break, I sat with Jade and Alex as usual. We were talking about the presentation we will be presenting for the coming school festival when Alex interrupted.

"Are you going out with that nerd?" He asked curiously.

"Nerd? Who?" I just looked at him, as he pointed at Calum who was under a tree. He was reading a book with his earphones plugged into his ear.

"That guy," he continued. "Everyone's talking about how you got out of his car this morning."

"Do they?" I shrugged.

"Also," he nodded, "some says that shirt you're wearing is his. Someone said they saw him wore that last week."

"My shirt got wet. He lend this to me," I said, biting the apple.

"So, you rode to school with him?" He asked again, looking at me. "Are you dating?"

"What?" I laughed. "No. We're, umm, we're just friends."

I looked back at Calum, who was now looking at me. He smiled before going back to his book.

Just friends...